How often do you weigh in?

Options

Replies

• tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    About every month or so. It would be too depressing to weigh in every day and barely see any change or to see 1/2 pound after a week. At least after a month there is a difference of a couple of pounds.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every single stupid day....I seriously need to get over this.....but I only record on MFP on Mondays.

This is me, too. Can't stop. It's some kind of sick addiction. Gave up sugar, gave up junk, can't give up the scales...:noway:

I was the same way, but had to let go, so I'm down to 2 - 3 times a week. I officially weigh-in once a week or every 2 weeks. I try not to make it that big of a deal as long as I am at or around calorie goal.

I can relate to all of these, lol, but I did tone it down to about 3 times, I only record my weight on Saturday mornings! I am currently in a weight loss competition and that is our scheduled weigh in day, so that is the only one I count!
  • hillaryroland
    Options
    on average i do it once a week. on either a friday or monday.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I wake up. I have my scale in the kitchen and thats usually the first place I go to in the morning other than my bathroom but its kinds small in there and I stub my toe on the scale when its in the bathroom. Although I have 3 bathrooms the kitchen seems to be the best place for it. haha

Edit: I do strength training so I have a program for roughly how many calories I burn doing this. Every day my weight changes and I have to put in my current weight to get a more accurate reading for how many caloires I burned.
  • blueday617
    blueday617 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Every four or five days. I feel like a week is too long and two days is so short.
  • ruthw13
    ruthw13 Posts: 4
    Options
    Everyday I really wish I wouldn't! :sad:
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday is my plan.
  • awmack
    awmack Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Once a week. However, I use to weigh myself on a daily basis, but that's when I was too obsessed with reaching my goal of losing weight. Now I'm much relaxed and allow myself to focus on making better decisions about what I eat so that when I do step on the scale, it's meaningful.

Stay active!
  • sweetsinnamen
    sweetsinnamen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    dITTO!!!!
  • monicacur78
    monicacur78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, I stress out too much when I see the number fluxuate-even just a few oz. I feel much better when I weigh once a week so I can see the result not the fluxuation.
  • antwynette
    antwynette Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LOL I weigh everyday too! I believe it's only accurate to record on the same day once a week so that's how I do it.
  • RedRunner82
    Options
    Everyday, so that I can see patterns, but I only record a loss if I see that number for a few days in a row.
  • kim45682
    kim45682 Posts: 1
    Options
    Every Friday morning, so that I do not see the results of a bad weekend!
  • Bug207
    Bug207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and obviously keep a mental note of where I'm at, but I only record it on MFP if it's a loss or if it's very clearly trending upwards steadily.
  • mmwaters81
    mmwaters81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Saturday morning. The best time I heard is sometime in the morning without any clothes on, before you eat breakfast and after you go to the bathroom. It gives me motivation for the next week whether I lost weight, stayed the same, or gained. I hope this helps
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    2-3 times a month - not on any regular schedule
  • longhaul64
    longhaul64 Posts: 124
    Options
    Once a month. Too easy to get discouraged by weighing daily.
  • jennk221
    jennk221 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day but track my weight once per week.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Unofficially, every day.

Officially, once a week on Friday.
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    Every day when I first get up.