Hi :D I need help hitting my target weight.

Options
Hiya everybody :D

I currently and 5'2 and 148 lbs, though everyone is like "ahhh no you dont'" "are you serious, no way" blah blah blah. That is me at my current weight in my profile pic :P

So, anyways, I need some help getting down to my goal weight of 135. I know only 15 lbs, but it is hard. I can not really excersize outside of walking maybe 30 minutes max, because I have a fairly serious hip problem. Though, I have tried dieting and it hasn't really been working for me. Any suggestions?

Replies

• miamimanni
    miamimanni Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey, you can loose a lot of weight on diet alone.

15 pounds I'd say will disappear fast. You carry about 5 lbs of water weight at anytime, so you can loose 5 lbs in just 3 days. The walking will definitely help because there's an after burner affect where your body's metabolism is raised so your burn more as you go.

If your just starting out it's as simple as cutting out all your sugar first (no chocolate, candy, ice-cream not even sorbet).

Then cut juices, maybe keep a diet juice like cranberry or something for a little while, but eating calories is a lot better than drinking them. Water is the way to go.

The problem with diets is that you might plateau, and you'll plateau faster than you think. To get over the hump next step is to cut out rice, bread, white potatoes. Basically cutting carbs and startches. If you can get to an elliptical machine or a bicycle at a gym that'll also help you over the hump.

That should get you started!

Manni