matcha?

Options
did i do it wrong? I did 2 teaspoons in about 10 oz of water. it tasted kindof fishy and bitter, even with sweetener in it. ideas?

Replies

• MattySparky
    Options
    I wish I could tell you but I've never made it, but maybe the water was too hot? I know with green teas if the water is too hot the infusion will produce a bitter tasting tea.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Might have been a crappy batch, but personally, I think matcha tastes horrible. I would definitely add some sweetner, and some milk isn't a bad idea either =)
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    Hmmmm, I'm a strange one. I love matcha tea. It wakes me up in the morning and gives me this energy kick all day. It's definitely a tea you want to invest in. Poor quality matcha is really, really bitter. The higher the quality, the less bitter and actually, almost sweet the tea. It also depends on the grade, etc. etc......

I usually do 1 teaspoon to a cup of hot water (not boiling!). And I like mine plain; trial and error :)
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i love the matcha green tea smoothy from jamba juice!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    so, i emailed the lady who suggested matcha to me, and found out i was using WAY too much. she told me to start at 1/2 a teaspoon per cup with honey and cinnamon and work up from there. i do love it! i will start making it a bit stronger soon i think.