Rip and Burn?

Options
I have been searching all over online and I am trying to find out how many calories you can burn by Ripsticking. Anyone?

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I have been searching all over online and I am trying to find out how many calories you can burn by Ripsticking. Anyone?
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    forgive my ignorance, but I have to ask.. what is ripsticking?
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I think it's one of those weird looking skateboard things that has an inline skate wheel at either end, on a swivel caster so it can rotate.
    The neighbor kid has one....I tried it and I busted my a*s HARD!!!!
  • Manda86
    Options
    Oh... ha ha... that sounds mildly dangerous... I'm too uncoordinated to try something like that. the fact I can snowski is practically a miracle as it is.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    If you Google "Ripstick" you can see them. LOL We gave one to our son for Christmas. The rule in my house is that toys really need to for the most part be OUTSIDE and MOVING! He said I'd never be able to do it, so I asked him to teach me. The first time I fell, but now I'm zooming down the road and it is a fun new way to burn calories. I love it! I think getting over the fear of falling was the hardest part.
  • Manda86
    Options
    Oh, you brave woman.. that looks scary.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    :laugh:

The kid down the street saw me out there and said, "I didn't know old ladies could ride that!" Then I asked him how old I looked, he said, "27." I told him he was my favorite kid on the planet.

:bigsmile:
  • Manda86
    Options
    hee hee.. that's stinkin' cute.. I need some kids like that in MY neighborhood..
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    :laugh:

Ya, we have a few brats I can send your way, but I'm keeping the nice ones!
  • Manda86
    Options
    Nah, there's plenty of those already- that's why I haven't ventured back out to the pool.. ha ha... mean little snots
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My ex boyfriend got one a few weeks ago and called me from the emergency room to pick him up...I thought it was hysterical....jerk deserved it.

I don't know how you'd calculate calories though...hmm...
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    :sad: <~~~~ for your ex...

:laugh: <~~~~ for you...

I think I'll try to call the company. I'm going to be a big loooooooser I'm sure.
    The young guy on the phone screams to someone else, "HEY!!! I GOT SOME BIG CHUBBY MOM ON THE PHONE WHO WANTS A CALORIE BURN CALCULATION FOR THE RIPSTICK! BAHHHHHH!"

How awful. But at least they might have information. I'll post when I know.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Maybe it would be similar to skateboarding in terms of calories burned?
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    You can wear a HRM to see.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Your name is hysterical. :laugh: :laugh: I feel the same way, having 7 in this family to do laundry for. There should be an exercise on there called laundry! BTW I'm a former Navy wife. :laugh:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    How funny! Yes, I love the Princess, and Laundry only fits. :*)

I ended up putting Ripstick calorie burning into the skateboarding category. Even though it is more work that skateboarding, I figured that would only be a bonus in the end!!! (No pun intended. LOL)
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Try adding calesthinics along with it.
  • chrix
    chrix Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am sure it would tighten some muscles just trying to sit on one. (I could never stand on it!):bigsmile:
    Maybe do that while eating?>?

NO bites unless you are balanced, but only be allowed to have one foot touching the ground.

Don't slip!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Beepower???

What do you mean? I'm game! :smile:
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Sandi...oops I mean PrincessLaudry I just love you hahahhah! Look up skateboarding sweetness:laugh:
    But when you do find it make sure you add it for all the MFP members to use :tongue:

Anyways I have to tell you how much the Podiatrist love it when the toy companies come out with these new riding toys. We see some pretty good breaks come into the O.R. In fact just last week we put an external fixator and fused some joints on a 14 yrs olds foot. All caused from a RipStick accident.
    With your current track record of accidents lately...BE CAREFUL!!!
    Ok I know with my may extracurricular, psychotic activities I love to do...SHUT UP HUH! LOL! :laugh:
    Gotta love it!!!
    p.s. Loved the cake comment you sent me on our other addiction website :wink:
    xoxoox Kel~:flowerforyou: