Exercises

Options
Could you give me some exercises that you guys use in order to loose calories? Thank you!

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Buy a bike.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Virtually anything you do to MOVE your body will burn calories! Now, burning fat, that's another thing. I like high intensity cardio for fat burning in-between weight lifting sessions. I also do about 20 minutes of cardio after weight lifting to burn more. Weight training burns a TON, and most of the burn occurs after you've finished working out :)
  • miamimanni
    miamimanni Posts: 23
    Options
    To loose calories. Any cardio that gets your heart pumping. Walking, running, biking, machines at the gym (elliptical, bike, stair master). Also even those work out DVDs, as long as it gets your heart pumping your good
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Personally I use a variety of exercise DVDs and take 45 minute walks or 35 minute runs (at my pace it's the same route!)

The DVDs I've used are:
    Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies 2
    Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds
    Bellydance for Fitness
    Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred

What's really important is to find something you like and that you'll stick to. If it's too hard for you or you don't like it you're less likely to do it. I think it's better to burn fewer calories doing something you enjoy than to burn zero calories avoiding an exercise you hate.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in doing things differently as often as you can. As you get more and more used to something, it becomes easier to do and the corresponding muscles get a good workout while the rest don't.

My workouts I generally do are -

Running (Both Distance and fartlek workouts)
    Cycling/Spinning
    Martial Arts (Karate)
    Step Aerobics
    Zumba (Yeah, i'm a guy but I enjoy it, so sue me!)
    Weight Lifting
    Swimming
  • Teenagesailor
    Options
    Thanks guys. I live out in the middle of absolutely no where and running, jogging, and stuff of that sort is out of question. I'll take you up for your suggestions though!
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I live in a very hot and humid area and so outdoor activities are hard, plus so many mosquitos!

I use collagevideo.com to order all my workout tapes. You can get a preview of them before you buy and return them if you are not satisfied.

So far love The Studio with Ellen Barrett, Cathe Freidrich, Tae Bo with Billy Blanks and Zumba!! I get bored easily of routine, so have plenty to rotate.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    All exercises 'loose' calories. Pick one you like and do it!
  • Teenagesailor
    Options
    Thank you! I know what you mean it's only cool here in wee hours and the late night hours.
  • lovebrit_05
    Options
    Insanity!!!- it will literally change your life!
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    To lose cals - HIIT... like Insanity

Any form of calisthenics .. bodyweight exercises!

Make routines out of that. Pushups to squats to jumping jacks etc etc.