Couch to 5K Starts Tomorrow

Options
Hello,

Some of us are starting the Couch to 5K tomorrow. If you are interested in joing us, please join the group 'From Walkers to Runners'. There was a group that completed the program earlier this year and we are now starting it again for anyone that may be new, didn't complete it the first time etc.

The program that is outlined on Coolrunning.com is a 9 week program. However, we want everyone to listen to your bodies and move at your own pace. We are there to support everyone on their journey to becoming a runner. If you are interested, please join us!!!

J

Replies

• momof2sparrows
    momof2sparrows Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to the MFP community and want to start the Couch to 5K program. Where do I find the group you mentioned and how do I join?
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new and have been on mfp for about a month now. I am also new to walking even lol I do get out there almost daily and do at least 4 miles on average walking. I'm signing up for a local 5k and figured I would walk/jog? I have noooo idea how to do this lol so this post was a God send.
  • melodiac1
    melodiac1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2625-from-walkers-to-runners

There's the group to join, and there are various threads about c25k. the ones titled "July 9-July 15" and "Anyone Interested In Starting the Couch to 5K Program?" are the most recent ones filled with people only just starting out on c25k, like me! :)
  • RandleBoyz3
    RandleBoyz3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I have no idea what its about though so please fill me in!
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Here's the original schedule:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

It's very simply interval training, mixing jogging and walking to build up stamina, so after you complete the 9 stages you'll be able to run for 30 mins/5k!!