Options
piesbd
piesbd Posts: 196 Member
ouch.jpg

Replies

• piesbd
    Options
    25 min into the run..... I was viciously attacked by a tree root..... right in front of a family with young kids. Fantastic. Yea kids, remember to get out and be active, and one day maybe you can take a header in the woods too!

Having a beer and washing up. (the pic with the blood and dirt was more exciting, but that is on my hubs phone)
  • piesbd
    Options
    Here it is before I really cleaned it up....

ouch2.jpg
  • TurningBackTheHandsOfTime
    Options
    No pain no gain! :) sorry had to do it, glad you weren't mauled by the tree or the kids!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Ouch!! Did you have a full 25 minutes to get back to the car?
  • piesbd
    Options
    Ouch!! Did you have a full 25 minutes to get back to the car?

No, thank goodness. The park I was in has a trail that is ~ a 2 1/2 mile loop that I was going to do 2x. So, luckily I was close to the beginning when it happened!
  • piesbd
    Options
    No pain no gain! :) sorry had to do it, glad you weren't mauled by the tree or the kids!

LOL! No kidding.... and there better be some good gain from this :wink: (tomorrow is supposed to be a swim day.... think I will swap my swim for my Friday rest day!
  • TurningBackTheHandsOfTime
    Options
    Yeah trails are great until nature decides to reach out and remind you that she's in charge... take a day off, you deserve it!
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    battle scars wear them with pride!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My foot got caught between two rocks... at full speed. I got a grade II ankle sprain. It was super-fun hobbling two miles back to the car - thank God I wasn't further into the woods.

sprain-blog.jpg

OP... yikes - those abrasions look like they sting!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    175 bad-*kitten* points have been deposited in your account. funds may not be available until the next business day.
    :drinker:
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've been attacked a few times by tree roots too....those nasty things!
  • piesbd
    Options
    My foot got caught between two rocks... at full speed. I got a grade II ankle sprain. It was super-fun hobbling two miles back to the car - thank God I wasn't further into the woods.

ouch! That looks painful!
  • piesbd
    Options
    175 bad-*kitten* points have been deposited in your account. funds may not be available until the next business day.
    :drinker:

LOL!

Hum, too bad I can't spend bad *kitten* points.... but the battle scars and story telling make it almost worth it.

Those poor kids.... when they heard/saw me hit the ground..... what a "great" advertisement for outdoor fitness :laugh:
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Aw dang!! I hope you're not hurting too badly!

This is why i run usually at the park, on an asphalt loop, cause I am a total klutz and scared I'll hurt myself! LOL

I did to go the reservoir tonight and all I could think about was falling, or getting attacked by a vulture :laugh:
  • piesbd
    Options
    Aw dang!! I hope you're not hurting too badly!

This is why i run usually at the park, on an asphalt loop, cause I am a total klutz and scared I'll hurt myself! LOL

I did to go the reservoir tonight and all I could think about was falling, or getting attacked by a vulture :laugh:

LOL, Amie.... a vulture..... way too funny.... I think I see a few of them circling above me when running.... don't they do that for animals that are about to "perish"? :bigsmile: Think they are telling me something!
  • jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I call them trail souvenirs. I'm covered in scars of various configurations. lol