Hello! Trying to stay on track here!

Options
Leila8530
Leila8530 Posts: 11 Member
I have been on MFP for a while now, but it was hit or miss. I am back at it with the weight loss game! Last year I lost about 60 pounds but I moved at the beginning of the year and gain back almost 30 pounds of that! EEK! So, here I am again. Back in the gym and eating healthy. Not as strict as I was last time around. It was chicken, rice, egg whites, oatmeal, veggies and protein shakes 7 days a week for me the first time around. Cardio 6 days a week (and hour each time) and strength training 3 days. I'm not going to lie, the weight FELL off. I was feeling ahhhmazing. But, you can't really sustain that year round can you? No. (I mean if you can, KUDOS! AND, get in a fitness competition ASAP!) I fell of schedule for a few weeks with the move and I pretty much ate everything in sight that was bad for me and sat my behind on the couch while watching TV. Then I went to put on a pair of jeans one day and was like, uh? Seriously? So, I said to myself "You've lost it before you can do it again! Tomorrow, you will get back in the game!!! .... But tonight, TACO BELL!!"...Meanwhile, the next day....was 3 months later. It was so hard for me to get back in the game this time around, because I know I can do it. So, I kept saying tomorrow- I will start! But tomorrow kept getting shoved off to the next day. Time flies! Whew.

But, alas I am back. Not so strict this time around. Strict nonetheless. Taco Bell is not in the works for me. However, I did eat a slice of cheese (swiss, thinly sliced) on my chicken sandwich today at lunch. First time around, I didn't eat cheese for 7 months. I need to remind myself it will come off more slowly than it did the first time around, but it will be more likely to STAY off too!

I rambled there a bit, but add me as friend. I like to motivate and to be motivated!

Did I mention I have a half marathon to run in 2 months... wish me luck! :)

Leila

Replies

• aimeem2
    aimeem2 Posts: 35
    Options
    I know what you mean about "being better tomorrow." I always say it's just one time...but it's NEVER just one time!!

It's so cool that you're doing a half marathon! I was hoping to do one in a couple months but I've only made it through the first couple weeks of c25k....woops.

Welcome back!! Adding you now :)
  • greenbaymichk
    greenbaymichk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Boy, do I know that game!

Oh, I'll start next Monday...or next month! I just have to do it today - and every today thereafter.

I have committed to honestly documenting my food intake and diet - nothing more, nothing less. Knowing that I have to report on line keeps me honest.

I ordered a Fitbit - it should arrive next week; that should help with assessing my true activity levels.

Keep it up, every body!
  • Leila8530
    Leila8530 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I am super nervous about my half marathon! I don't care if I run the whole thing I just want to finish! I will worry about running the whole thing on my next one! :)
  • EmilyStopFlying
    EmilyStopFlying Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey! I did something similar (but in half!), I lost 25 pounds then pretty quickly put 11 back on.

That's awesome about the half marathon, I did C25K but then I stopped for various reasons. I really should start again.

:)