I Need Some Guidance

Options
Have a quick question for you guys that do a lot of exercise. I feel tired all the time after doing some workouts and sometimes in the middle of the workouts I feel lightheaded. And those are discouraging me to do workouts on the next day. I don't know if I need to do something to avoid these. I am new at this thing and many people that I've talked to have different opinions on these. So it is kinda confusing on what I need to be doing. Thank you guys!

Replies

• mibrewer413
    mibrewer413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercises are you doing? If you feel lightheaded, that's not good. Are you drinking enough fluids? Are you eating enough? If you feel really tired afterwards, that's not all that great either. Maybe you need to listen to your body and slow down and possibly see a doctor.
  • AdrienneinTO
    AdrienneinTO Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating, and how much exercise are you doing? You might not be eating enough.
  • halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options
    I only ever feel that way while working out when im sleep deprived or when i work out vigorously on an empty stomach. Make sure you're intaking a sufficient amount of calories an dstaying hydrated!
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    If after you have ensured good nutrition, adequate water before, after and during w/o, check with your doctor to make sure there's no underlying issues. Might just be that you're new to working out and your body is revolting. Fitness will overcome this in the absence of underlying issues,
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My thought was the same as mibrewer413....are you getting enough fluids and are you eatting enough? I will actually have seizures if I become dehydrated. Make sure you get enough nutrients not just food. Keep your potassium levels up.
  • anesya114
    anesya114 Posts: 5
    Options
    I usually do Zumba and Jillian Michael's workout dvds. I do the workouts 2 hours after eating lunch (around 500 calories per lunch). Sometimes I cut some lunch because I am afraid I will have stomachache while I am doing the workouts. I drink a lot of coffee to wake me up before doing some exercise.
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It might be the quality of food you are eating before exercising. I know that if I eat something with simple carbs before working out, I get the same way. My trainer told me to try something with complex carbs and protein, so I did. I no longer get weak and dizzy when I work out.
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if coffee before working out is a good idea as it is diaretic, you lose more water. I usually work out in the evening after work. I have lunch, then a tiny snack, lots of water during the day and during workout. Eat a good lunch with carbs and protein.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    What are your total calories not just lunch but within a 24 hour period. What you are describing sounds like inadequate nutrition for your workouts. If you'd like accurate opinions, make your diary public.
  • JDhi5
    JDhi5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Check your blood pressure.
  • anesya114
    anesya114 Posts: 5
    Options
    mmapags, I changed my settings and now you can see my diary. I just started using myfitnesspal.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Took a look. Your carbs and total look fine but you are not tracking your most important macronutrient, protien. That may or nnot be the issue. With your carb intake, your energy should be good. Could you be anemic?