5'9" down 21lbs. My first Before/After (of MANY to come :)

Options
The Before pic was taken last year some time. I honestly don't even know how much I weighed at the time. I avoided the scale for wayyy too long. But my weight loss journey started in May. I'll be honest... Though I hate to say it, I was at 255 :embarassed: Probably about what I was in the before pic. I've been avoiding cameras for so long, I couldn't even hunt down a full length/full body pic of me more recent than this one and even here I'm "hiding" behind my little guy... Nice try, huh?! :laugh: Haha anyway, the after pic was taken Sunday after hiking to the top of Multnomah falls :happy: It's about a 4.8mi hike, round trip, at 620 ft. Yeah, buddy! :bigsmile:
Anyway, I've been at a plateau for the past 2-3 wks and some encouragement wouldn't hurt! Putting this before and after shot together makes me feel better already. That before one is one of the most unflattering pics of me I've ever seen... and of course i was tagged on facebook to it. Gotta love that lol. I'm going to try to start switching up my workouts more, though, and hope to pick the momentum back up soon. I'm still extremely optomistic.
One day at a time :drinker:
Oh... Apparently I don't know how to add the pic lol, but it's my main pic so you can check it out. If somebody could help me out with adding it here, that'd be great :tongue:

Replies

• newking
    newking Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sheena you are doing great! Don't worry too much about a plateau, sometimes your body kinda plateaus then BAM losses like 6 lbs, lol. Sometimes I have a really hard time seeing any loss in the mirror, so putting pictures together really helps. Stay positive and keep going :)
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    Thanks :) It really did help to put them side by side! I hope my plateau is over soon! 6 lbs would be awesome! lol I shoulda made my topic title a little more "catchy" lol. Thank YOU for the encouragement:smile:
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I should post a before and after to.I am down 21 as well!
  • kruegekm
    kruegekm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is very inspiring! You look awesome -- even your skin looks healthier in the after. Thanks so much for sharing.
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    You should! Even if only for yourself. It's a big difference and sometimes I think we don't give ourselves enough credit:smile:
  • deniseearheart
    Options
    You should! Even if only for yourself. It's a big difference and sometimes I think we don't give ourselves enough credit:smile:

very true... Also how long did it take you??? It is coming off off me soooo slow. I started in March
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    This is very inspiring! You look awesome -- even your skin looks healthier in the after. Thanks so much for sharing.
    I think because i'm eating "cleaner" it is making a big difference with my skin too. And my chins are getting smaller lol. And my middle's not so round! :smile: Thank YOU!
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options

very true... Also how long did it take you??? It is coming off off me soooo slow. I started in March
    I started May 6th. Started off with a bang! But last few weeks i've been stuck. I feel so much healthier, though, so i'm trying to keep that in mind and I know it'll pick back up if I keep going.
  • deniseearheart
    Options
    Ya I also have taken measurements and that seems to help
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    I need to do that! I keep meaning to. I have a tape measure... somewhere... I need to just go buy one lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!