I just can't eat all my calories....

Options

Replies

• oranb
    oranb Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Almonds: healthy fats and protein. About 170 calories per 1/4 cup for the dry roasted unsalted kind, shouldn't be too hard to eat 1/4 to 1/2 cup to bring up your calorie count.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I have found that the cleaner i eat the harder it is to get the calories in....
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just dont get this problem. I never have a problem eating.... thats why I'm here!! Even with exercise I'll treat myself to a bowl of wholegrain pasta with olive oil, roast tomatoes, herbs and parmassan cheese. It has loads of calories per cup and has all the good food groups and is delish. Or a treat of red wine or a bag of cashews.... seriously, if you can eat cause your not hungry, get over it. Cause if you don't when your appitite does come back, your metabolism will not keep up and you know what that means :(
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Wow!. Not an issue I can relate to.

Throw some beef and and other foods with substantive organic fats and you will get there quick.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    That is a rediculous statement. Go get a milkshake and that will be 600 calories all by itself. Have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with extra peanut butter and fluffy homemade bread and now you are at 500 calories in just one sandwich. Its not hard at all.
    ^^^^^^^^
    THIS
    This absurd notion that we forget how to eat seems like a grab for attention.
    JUST EAT!
    Have a McD Cheeseburger or 2.
    Problem solved.:yawn:

mcd's? that stuff isn't even food... gross. i'm sure you could eat 600 cals of cardboard too. wonder what that'll do for your insides...
    Yes, I think I see your point....along with something else....:noway:
    OUCH!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I cant wrap my head around this problem either. I wish THAT was my problem.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    send them my way I will eat them for you.
  • midge69
    midge69 Posts: 22
    Options
    I am having a devil of a time eating all of my calories lately.
    some peoples comments seem to be rude and mean..I thought this site was for support. I have trouble eating the calories they ask me to eat. I do not have the appetite and I am active all day and no change in my appetite
  • mleugene
    mleugene Posts: 5
    Options
    I figure that day-to-day, it doesn't make all that much difference. You burn a lot of calories some days and your metabolism just doesn't keep up. I'd look at how calories and exercise balance out over a longer period of time and see how big the deficit is then.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem.. but please do not listen to people who tell you to eat junk to fill your calories! I wasnt always overweight.. i was downright skinny.. and i ate, junk.. everything i wanted to.. hamburgers, fries, subs, shakes, pizza... the greasier the better.. then at age 24, i had a blocked artery & had a blood clot, which caused a stroke. Did you see i was TWENTY-FOUR years old?? you do NOT have to be FAT to be unhealthy! I only gained my weight when i was literally bedridden for almost a year after.

People tend to forget that this isnt a place to DIET.. its a place to learn how to eat properly and become healthy.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    congrats! i guess you can be done tracking then.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    That is a rediculous statement. Go get a milkshake and that will be 600 calories all by itself. Have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with extra peanut butter and fluffy homemade bread and now you are at 500 calories in just one sandwich. Its not hard at all.
    ^^^^^^^^
    THIS
    This absurd notion that we forget how to eat seems like a grab for attention.
    JUST EAT!
    Have a McD Cheeseburger or 2.
    Problem solved.:yawn:

mcd's? that stuff isn't even food... gross. i'm sure you could eat 600 cals of cardboard too. wonder what that'll do for your insides...
    Judging from your profile picture, I don't think you're in any position to criticize someones's food choices.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I work out to Insanity 5-6 days a week, walk, and have begun light weight training. The problem seems to be that I am not hungry.
    i get the same problem when i do a lot of HIIT. what i end up doing in those cases is setting an alarm. if i dont then i can very easily end the day with only 700 calories, regardless if i'm hungry or not, my body still needs a certain amount of calories. i cant let a hormonal response to exercise leading to the lack of hunger keep me from that any more than i can excuse a hormonal response telling me i need way more calories than my TDEE.

so set an alarm and eat your food
  • Arachne
    Arachne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I definitely understand your problem. It seems that more active I become, and the more clean foods I eat, the less I want. I have to force myself to eat somedays. Considering I have had this problem for a long time one would think I would be tiny... that's not the case. I realized that I ate for emotional and various other reasons besides being hungry. Once I kicked those habits of eating junk I realized I'm just not a hungry person.

With that said.... when I have a problem getting calories in I go for the wasabi almonds they not only are snack (chip) like but they make me drink more water because the kick. Air popped popcorn and bell pepper slices also help me to get calories in.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    After looking at your food diary I have a few suggestions. The first is have larger servings of meat. If you are having trouble meeting your cal goals having 5 or 6 oz of meat instead of 3 will help drastically. I noticed you only had 1 tbsp PB. Have 2 and thats another 95 calories and you're not eating much more at all. Try having a baked sweet potato or brown rice with supper. This adds calories to your day without eating junk.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I understand this, like today for example, I work at a desk all day, and was insanely busy, spent 6 of my 8 hours at work on the phone in phone conferences and various other things, which meant for those stretches I couldn't leave my desk, which included no snacks, and unfortunately less water. Wednesdays are also my high calorie burn days as well, around 1000 calories or more, which isn't done until AFTER work. Despite doing a protein shake pre-workout, and one with 2 scoops post workout which is so close to dinner I'm unable to eat a large dinner. I had 1500 calories left for dinner, which is at 8pm and I go to bed around 10:30. This has gotten even more common now that my lunches consist largely of salads with lots of fresh veggies, chicken, and hummus as the dressing, even though the hummus adds another 200 calories, it still makes my lunch only around 400, max, on a good day.

Also - even though I have 700 calories left for today, I would NEVER think about going and stuffing McDonald's or a milk shake down my throat, I would rather have the calories left over than put that much crap in my body, because that would defeat everything I've been working for on eating healthy.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    There are some people who reply with rudeness and sarcasm to those who are asking for help and advice. That is totally uncalled for. If you don't have something nice or supportive to say....keep it to yourself. This site is supposed to be for help and support and its hard to get it in the forums these day. Thats just sad. Some of us who have struggled with weight problems all our lives are trying to cut back on eating and it can be hard to eat enough good calories when you are trying to retrain your brain to eat less. Suggestions welcome. Ridicule unwelcome. Get the picture?
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you're calculating EVERYTHING? like the marinade your dinner sat in before grilling it? the nuts thrown into the green salad at the last minute? or the oil you put in the pan to keep everything from sticking? what about any taste tests while you cook?

If so..maybe it's time to recalculate your goals..you're in a good spot!!!!

and there is good advice from others regarding higher calorie/higher quality foods such as avocados and nut butters...
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have my goals set at losing .5lb a week and I have this problem of not being able to eat all my calories. I don't even log in my exercise so i wont have to eat those calories back.
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am having a devil of a time eating all of my calories lately.
    some peoples comments seem to be rude and mean..I thought this site was for support. I have trouble eating the calories they ask me to eat. I do not have the appetite and I am active all day and no change in my appetite

Lol... i dont think people mean to be mean, it's just that the statement is very "its hard being so good looking" you know. Alot of us have problems with eating too much and its hard to hear that some people
    have all this extra cash to spend when we are constantly in debt :)