For the women

Options
I haven't been on this site for about a month. My weight hasn't changed which is a good thing.
But I stopped the diet because my body decided to hate me.
First.. My face, neck, and chest broke out!
second... I had small red spots on my body (they didn't ich or bother me.. they were just red)
Third.. after only having a week off of my period i started up again... I was on my period for 16 days straight.
I went back to eating normal when the third one went too far.... It might have not been the diet... but it was definitely out of the ordinary for me.

Has any one had any of these things happen to them?

I was also under a little bit of stress at work but it wasn't anything i couldn't handle.. i've been through worse.

Replies

• jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    I haven't been on this site for about a month. My weight hasn't changed which is a good thing.
    But I stopped the diet because my body decided to hate me.
    First.. My face, neck, and chest broke out!
    second... I had small red spots on my body (they didn't ich or bother me.. they were just red)
    Third.. after only having a week off of my period i started up again... I was on my period for 16 days straight.
    I went back to eating normal when the third one went too far.... It might have not been the diet... but it was definitely out of the ordinary for me.

Has any one had any of these things happen to them?

I was also under a little bit of stress at work but it wasn't anything i couldn't handle.. i've been through worse.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    YEAH this i have heard can happen, but don't look at it like a diet.. look at it as you want to be healthy. YOU have to eat to loose weight and portion control is number one in my eyes.. i can eat like a pig but what i realized is if i portion my meals healthy and eat in moderation and every few hours it helps... GOOD LUCK and hopfully all the problems will go away.. :smile:
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    i broke out in spots which i havent had in years but they have gone now
    its probably the body detoxing due to healthy eating
  • Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Options
    Yeah, the breakouts are the same, it's your body's natural detoxification process now that you're no longer feeding it toxins. It's trying to get itself to peak performance again, so everything works as it should, including your metabolism.

Sucks while it's happening, but if you suffer through it, your skin will actually get a lot better than it was even before you started.

I've heard of the period thing, too, but never experienced it. You could check with your doctor about it, but I'd try not to let it discourage you from making the choice to be healthier. :smile: In the end, the benefits will far outweight these challenges.
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I had acne for the first time in my life on my face. Now its better though. I also had strange red spots all over my stomach. Weird huh?
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    WOW!!!
    Thanks so much!!
    I'm glad it's common... I was getting scared for a second. :flowerforyou: