Soooo tired all day after a hard cardio workout

Options
ouandi
ouandi Posts: 135 Member
Every time I do a hard cardio class like kickboxing or step I feel great during the class, can do everything, not dying or losing my breath but after class, for the rest of the day, I'm soooo tired and have a headache. It's EVERY single time I do a hard cardio class. Not weights or circuit, just heavy cardio. Anything I can do to stop this feeling from happening? I've tried protein snacks after, milk after, carbs after, big lunch after...nothing seems to do the trick except sleep it off. I do need to function the rest of the day after working out or what's the point!?! Plus stuffing my face all day after really beats the point of a good cardio session.

Thanks!

Replies

• ouandi
    Options
    bump
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    dont push urself too hard unless ur training for some sort of athletic event... if you are just training for aesthetic purposes the main focus should be on diet and resistance training, cardio should be an afterthought.
  • ouandi
    Options
    dont push urself too hard unless ur training for some sort of athletic event... if you are just training for aesthetic purposes the main focus should be on diet and resistance training, cardio should be an afterthought.

Monty619 - I do heavy resistance training now which has gotten me to where I am now, high lean body mass but still high body fat (30%). My VO2 max is also not great so I'm trying to improve that as well. Hence the heavier cardio workouts.
  • ouandi
    Options
    bump...hoping someone else gets like this and can help me.
  • TexanGirl20
    Options
    I know its been awhile since you asked the question, but I just wanna say I'm the same way. I go HIIT training on the treadmill, and during my workout I am so energetic, but as soon as I'm done, I'm tired and so sleepy!

I see it as a good thing... I mean, I just finished an intense workout so naturally I'd be almost dead afterwards. If I weren't tired, I would feel as if I hadn't pushed myself hard enough.

Hope this helps! :)
  • Bonniejacks
    Bonniejacks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to get like that. Was told that it was because I was not drinking water during the workout. Now I take sips of water throughout the workout and am not experiencing that feeling. Hope this helps.