Recipes for the picky eaters at home!

Options
missindepndnt86
missindepndnt86 Posts: 77 Member
Hey y'all! I'm looking for some quick & easy dinner recipes for the working girl who's got a hubby at home who's either allergic to or just plain doesn't like almost all veggies & fruits and LOVES his carbs! HELP!

Replies

• PleasinlyPlayful
    PleasinlyPlayful Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem ... I just learned to hide the veggies in his food ... like chopping them up really small and mixing it in a meatloaf or salad or pizza and telling him that the different colors is just the different seasonings.
    Miss Dawn
  • cooper258
    cooper258 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Make mashed potatoes with half potatoes, half cauliflower. You can use them as a side or as a topping for Shepard's pie. Mix some veggies in with ground meat and a dark gravy, top with the mashed potato cauliflower mixture and bake.

Make pasta and puree carrot to mix with the tomato sauce. Try to sneak veggies into lasagna.

In a food processor, finely chop onion, mushroom, celery, and carrot and add it to the meat mixture for meatloaf.
  • funicello
    funicello Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am an extremely picky eater too. But I recently discovered I LOVE grilled & roasted veggies. Grilled bell & jalapeno peppers, onions, portabella mushrooms & tomatoes topped with hummus.