Jilian Michael's 30 Day Shred?

Options
It's so frustrating that it's not in the database. I just looked up how many calories it burns per hour and divided it by three because the workouts are only 20 mins long. (I then added it to the database). But I feel like I just burned way more than 250 calories in that 20 mins. Sweat was literally pouring down my face. Ugh.

Replies

• bara_rei
    bara_rei Posts: 49
    Options
    I've found the best way to log it is to log it as "circuit training," since that's essentially what it is. I logged 20 minutes for Level 1, 25 for Level 2 and 30 for Level 3. It seems to be pretty accurate.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have a body bugg and that tracks calories burned, and i was shocked to see that it was only 180-ish calories in the 20 minute workout. It certainly feels like alot more, but the most I ever got in a workout was 220, and most were under 200 :(
  • KarismaLynn74
    Options
    Well online it said it burns 700-something per hour so I divided it by 3...it definitely burns more than an elliptical. I didn't sweat that much on the elliptical when I was on it for an hour. Sweat was literally pouring down my face (thats so gross lmao). Tracking certain exercises are difficult because I don't truly know how many calories have been burned
  • TXBlueEyes
    Options
    I googled it the other day and for the average size woman, Level 2 burns only like 180 calories, so I added my own Exercise so I just select that when I do 30DS, L2.

Update: This is what I found.

Your starting weight and fitness level will impact how many calories you burn doing the Level 2 "30 Day Shred" workout. With a starting weight around 150 lbs., you can expect to burn approximately 503 calories an hour doing this DVD, or 167 calories for a 20-minute workout.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/323506-how-many-calories-are-burned-doing-jillian-michaels-30-day-shred-level-2/#ixzz20N9vd5h0
  • kaymarie78
    kaymarie78 Posts: 104
    Options
    I log it as Circuit training. MFP says I burn around 300 calories for 20 mins, but I'm also 283. If you're smaller, the burn is probably less.
  • KarismaLynn74
    Options
    I'm about 200 (its been floating around there). But thanks for all the help guys :)
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    My HRM tells me I burn between 250 and 300 calories (I'm 138). I logged it as circuit training before I got my HRM--It's a good investment.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I always log it as 200, though I likely burn more. I'd rather guess lower than over estimate.