Anyone from Roseville California???

Options
Hi, my name is Linda and I live in sunny California. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto Hypothyroidism over one year ago and still cannot find the right solution to loosing weight. Never overweight growing up, pounds started creeping up before menopause (around 40) I am now almost 60 (this mo.) I am desperate. I have 50 pounds to loose, and it feels overwhelming. About 6 years ago I lost (it took me 18 months) 25 pounds. Don't even know how. This was way before the doctors even agreed to test my for thryoid problems. I hate the way I look. The doctors don't seem to care. All they do is monitor your thyroid levels and prescribe medicine. I am on Armour 30 mg once a day. I have started taking vitamins and supplements that I have read are important for your thyroid function. The doctors (both my endo and primary) tell me they are not important. What are they talking about???? I take D3, Zinc, Selenium, Magnesium, B-12, Biotin, Super B-complex (contains C, Folic Acid, and B-6), Vit A and E. My primary told me expressely NOT TO TAKE A and E, because they are "dangerous"!!!???!!! Today I am going for another check up with the endo. My levels seems to be doing ok on meds, but I still can't loose the weight. All he is probably going to say is: your levels are fine, keep taking the medicine, go on and have a good life. See you in six months. Does anyone care that I am obese and unhappy??? I am not one to excercise a lot, especially when it's hot (I usually will just walk, but it's been too hot). HELP!!! Is there any hope for me?? Any suggestions from people with hypothyroids??

Replies

• jajve5
    jajve5 Posts: 3
    Options
    hi..iam from ny ny..weight problem..need to drop 42 lbs..hate the way i look..take good care of yourself and find a md that does care..maybe we can encourage one another..:)
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in Roseville! I'm sorry you're having issues and hope you can get some answers and help from your doc! I've just entered menopause (surgically) and I've noticed the weight is much slower coming off than when I was young. I still have about 100 pounds to go, but I'm determined to lose it and get healthy.

I don't really LOVE exercise either and I hate the heat. I've been walking in the early morning when it's still cool and doing some different workouts indoor during the day.

Good Luck!
    :happy:
  • LovesPrimes
    LovesPrimes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's where I was born!!! Long way from there now.

I'm sorry for the difficulties you are facing. It is really hot here too and I despise exercise. But I have been having fun doing Wii Fit. Do you have a Wii or know anyone you could borrow one from? It is so much better to be able to exercise indoors in the A/C.

I know it is hard but there is hope. You can do this! Be patient with your body.