Anyone else doing Daily IF 16/8 or similar?

Options
Daily Intermittent Fasting with a 16 hour fast followed by an 8 hour 'feeding' window has been an absolute revelation to me and I can't describe how well this seems to 'fit' and how much better I'm feeling on it. I usually do a 7pm to 11am fast. Sometimes a 6pm to 12pm.
Only been 9 days so far, but I have lost 4.4lbs (2kg).
I have done a bucket load of research - starting with the Leangains website and was just wondering if anyone else is doing this or a modified version of it?
I am doing it for weight/body fat loss and so far, so great.
Was never a breakfast person any way - and to be able to skip it without feeling guilty any more is amazing! I am a raw newbie to this and have a lot more research to do, but am loving it so far.

Replies

• Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have 'been doing this and continue to do this, IF has helped me lose 65-70 lbs
    I follow the IF blog, I work crazy hrs so I don't follow the exact eating plan. I eat 7+8 hours normally but I fast for 20-24 hours if that makes any sense. Sometimes if I am free on the weekend I will do a 36 hour fast. Basically I fast 20-24 he's once a week and sometimes squeeze in a 36 HR fast.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    IF is a life saver.

Seriously.

I combine leangains (16/8 with calorie cycling...though I'm doing more of a 20/4), with ESE (3x only eating dinner)...and it's incredible.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Oh, also...a cool link a friend of mine gave me the other day:

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

There is also a women's leangains group on Facebook. I'll see if I can find the link.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I wish I had started doing it ages ago. Love it.
  • drewols
    drewols Posts: 77
    Options
    Yes! This has been a tremendous shift for me with great results
  • mrskatie80
    mrskatie80 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! So glad to know that there are others who won't criticise me for not eating in the morning :)
    Thanks - any links and additional info would be amazing. I am interested to learn as much as I can about WHY it works. Which it obviously does!
  • mrskatie80
    Options

There is also a women's leangains group on Facebook. I'll see if I can find the link.

Can't get this link to work - is it just me? Cheers.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Fantastic! So glad to know that there are others who won't criticise me for not eating in the morning :)
    Thanks - any links and additional info would be amazing. I am interested to learn as much as I can about WHY it works. Which it obviously does!

If you PM me your email address, I'll mail you a couple PDF's that go into pretty serious detail :).

Also, here's the MFP IF group link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/49-intermittent-fasting
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Can't get this link to work - is it just me? Cheers.

I think it's Java or Flash based...
  • abb_forever
    Options
    Sorry, I have never heard of this IF stuff. Is there a good link or starting point that you could recommend? I have found myself stagnating and this sounds like something good that I can throw into the mix and shake things up a bit. Sounds a little crazy but I also have an unpredictable work life, and so this is probably doable.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Sorry, I have never heard of this IF stuff. Is there a good link or starting point that you could recommend? I have found myself stagnating and this sounds like something good that I can throw into the mix and shake things up a bit. Sounds a little crazy but I also have an unpredictable work life, and so this is probably doable.

The group link I posted above is a nice resource. Look up 'Eat, STOP, Eat' by Brad Pilon...EXCELLENT book.

Also, if you can sort through it and don't mind a very knowledgable guy who is TOTALLY in your face...

www.leangains.com
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Daily Intermittent Fasting with a 16 hour fast followed by an 8 hour 'feeding' window has been an absolute revelation to me and I can't describe how well this seems to 'fit' and how much better I'm feeling on it. I usually do a 7pm to 11am fast. Sometimes a 6pm to 12pm.
    Only been 9 days so far, but I have lost 4.4lbs (2kg).
    I have done a bucket load of research - starting with the Leangains website and was just wondering if anyone else is doing this or a modified version of it?
    I am doing it for weight/body fat loss and so far, so great.
    Was never a breakfast person any way - and to be able to skip it without feeling guilty any more is amazing! I am a raw newbie to this and have a lot more research to do, but am loving it so far.

I do Eat Stop Eat and regularly lose weight. It's actually sorta slowing now but it's consistent and has actually made the process of losing weight MUCH easier.
  • mrskatie80
    Options
    Have just been reading LG again for the last couple of hours. Wow, there are some serious looking results there.
    I will be happy to lose the last few lbs and then tone, I think this is an awesome way of doing it!