Will coffee effect my diet

Options
I'm really really tired and I was thinking about having a short black coffee with 1/2 cup skim milk. I don't want to drink it if its not going to be good for my body though because i've been eating really healthy lately. Should I have a coffee or no?! :drinker:

Replies

• akaOtherWise
    akaOtherWise Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm really really tired and I was thinking about having a short black coffee with 1/2 cup skim milk. I don't want to drink it if its not going to be good for my body though because i've been eating really healthy lately. Should I have a coffee or no?! :drinker:

Coffee isn't unhealthy. Drink away
  • Want2BHealthyy
    Options
    yay thankyou
  • BrookeOB777
    BrookeOB777 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    There are actually many health benefits to coffee! And small amounts of dairy are a plus too :-)
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Coffee, like dark chocolate, is good for you in moderation. Just stay away from the cups of liquid sugar like Starbucks.
  • sofia0586
    sofia0586 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    coffee is good for your digestion. stimulates your bowels haha.
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    ^^^ agreed to that! .
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Mmmm....coffee!
  • james1299
    james1299 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Like everyone has said here, drink away.
    No sugar though, and no milk if you're still concerned.
    Caffeine boosts your metabolism.

Be warned that some of these trendy cafe beverages are absolutely LOADED with empty calories.

I made the switch to green tea last year and haven't looked back.
  • Want2BHealthyy
    Options
    There are actually many health benefits to coffee! And small amounts of dairy are a plus too :-)

ooh yay! thankyou x
  • Want2BHealthyy
    Options
    okay, thanks for the information :-)
  • Loveess
    Loveess Posts: 6
    Options
    I love coffe and drink Ice coffee
  • halarson24
    halarson24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Plain black coffee, or coffee with skim milk really doesn't deserve the bad reputation that it can have. The real trouble comes from all of those dessert-in-a-cup drinks you can get from your local coffee shops. I like to add spices to the coffee grounds for flavor without sugar.

http://hollylarsonrd.blogspot.com/2012/07/i-like-it-latte-spice-up-your-morning.html

In good health,

Holly
  • HarlequinnAsh
    Options
    Coffee is fine and if youve never tried see if you liked Almond, Soy or Coconut Milk. I drink those instead of regular milk because I always find it upsets my stomach plus where I live I dont trust that it isnt loaded with hormones. I use unsweetened soy or almond milk in my coffee without any additional sugar and it tastes great and I usually keep it under 34 calories
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I drink mine every morning:bigsmile:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    coffee, cream, coconut oil, and truvia. yum.
  • sbgirl10
    sbgirl10 Posts: 3
    Options
    i used to drink a pot a coffee a day before i even started dieting and i got slimmer without even noticing it. when i stopped drinking the coffee i noticed i was holding on to more weight than before. after reading another user complaining about water retention someone suggested water pills. the main ingredient of water pills happens to be caffeine. now i have another reason to be a coffee addict! :)