Victorious Victoria Day Challenge. . .May 6

Options
I can't believe that I'm up this early...

My new teaching schedule involves teaching at 8:30 am two days a week. Bleearrrgh.

Anyways, today my goals are:

Hip Hop Abs cardio (or the gym and the elliptical if I feel like leaving the house:tongue: ) My goal is 500 calories total, so I may have to add in another dance video.

walking home from the subway (30 minutes).

Here's a non-scale victory for you: My building (music) that I teach in is also the dance building. Yesterday, in the elevator, a prof. asked me if I was a new dance student. (dancers are skinny and have good posture. . .hence I am skinny (or at least fit) and have good posture. I knew the posture part, but that was a real "a-ha" moment for me as to how others see me. . .at least that's how I'm going to take it.)

Happy Tuesday, all.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that I'm up this early...

My new teaching schedule involves teaching at 8:30 am two days a week. Bleearrrgh.

Anyways, today my goals are:

Hip Hop Abs cardio (or the gym and the elliptical if I feel like leaving the house:tongue: ) My goal is 500 calories total, so I may have to add in another dance video.

walking home from the subway (30 minutes).

Here's a non-scale victory for you: My building (music) that I teach in is also the dance building. Yesterday, in the elevator, a prof. asked me if I was a new dance student. (dancers are skinny and have good posture. . .hence I am skinny (or at least fit) and have good posture. I knew the posture part, but that was a real "a-ha" moment for me as to how others see me. . .at least that's how I'm going to take it.)

Happy Tuesday, all.:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Hurray for you Viv-what a great moral booster!

I felt guilty for not doing cardio yesterday-only sculpting and yard work and walked two miles. Today I did 35 minutes of BL Cardio Max and HH Abs Fat Burning Cardio for 30 minutes. I'm headed out for a walk and still have yard work to do-seems like it never ends but it sure is better than shoveling snow!
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    i havent been able to do much for the past few days because i am home with a pukey 9 year old :sick: he is home again today but today i think i need to have a good cleaning sesion so i can get some calorie burning in!!!! darn kids :grumble: but i weighed myself yesterday and im down another 2 pounds......
    j~
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Karen - I saw your post - great picture!

V - also means you look about 22?

So today, I mark the half way point to my goal.

I took yesterday off - really - I just did yoga. It was weird. Tough stuff today though - maybe BL - maybe a class at the gym.

I was reminded yesterday why I stopped baking. I made a cake and some terrible brownies. I kept trying the terrible brownies to assure myself that, yes, they were terrible. (Husband needs a dessert for work) I don't mind it when I eat something really good and I spend time enjoying it - but to eat crap food that tastes like crap - that is unacceptable.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    LOVE the new pic, Mary!!

Oh, and I'm with you on your post yesterday about sometimes being frustrated with how quickly other people drop the weight. All my sister has to do is STOP eating cheese fries for a day or two and she drops ten pounds. She has never exercised a day in her life.

Me, I watch every morsel that goes in my mouth and I've been working out since I was 16, and the scale doesn't budge.

However, all that is about to change now that I got my NEW HRM!!!! I went with the Polar F6 and I am soooo excited. Still figuring it out and I have a million questions...

Today:
    1. Burn 500 calories at the gym, now that my membership is back on. I even work my sneakers to work so that I would have incentive to go right after work no matter how late.
    2. Eat within my calories

Yesterday:
    1. Did 45 minutes of walking and my "soft sand" workout of lunges and occasional jogging
    2. Did a 20 minute detox yoga before bed
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone... I partied late into the night last night and ended up getting up really late today again... so no circuit training again today... I really have to get back on that... I did however do some heavy gardening for about an hour and a half... so I don't feel too bad about today...

NO Plan today... I don't know what I am going to eat and that's ok... lol...

Have a great day and congrats to viv for looking like a teenager again...
    Jenn
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Just once I wish I wasn't the last one to post here. You all get up way to early for me. Yeah yeah I know I'm the bus driver but you guys get to exercise while I'm driving. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Great job Viv, I could lose another 20 lbs and I still wouldn't get that compliment. Mary that cat pic is just wild, is he/she yours? Congrats Icupfunny on the 2 lbs and all the others who may have lost.

Today I walked my usual hour, did some house work and stained my deck. I'm tired. Somewhere I have to find the energy to rake my yard, I know I'm late but I was raking my mom's instead.:laugh: :laugh: See all of you tomorrow.~Karen