I've lost 17 pounds!

Options
KeKy4
KeKy4 Posts: 62 Member
Why doesn't it feel as amazing as I thought it would? I can wear my smaller clothes, I can see the numbers going down. I still feel the same! Maybe because nobody else can tell yet? Part of me doesn't really believe it, like the scale could just be off.

Replies

• MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I once read a thing that stated.... 4 weeks until you notice your body changing, 8 weeks for friends to notice and 12 for the rest of the world.

It might take some time but you will get the "hey you look great" comments soon!! Keep up the hard work your doing wonderful!!
  • saraast
    saraast Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! It will all come with time! :)
  • alikonner
    alikonner Posts: 67
    Options
    Be proud of yourself! You're doing great!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16 and have been feeling EXACTLY THE SAME way lately. I have been letting it bring me down too. Not good. But what's helped me is looking at myself 16lbs ago. I definitely do not want to be there again.

sometimes it helps to look back...??
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Well done, be proud of yourself!
  • rebeccask
    rebeccask Posts: 170
    Options
    did you take any before pictures? i've lost 16 and wouldn't have noticed a difference if i hadn't taken before pictures. they help, just for yourself to see. (at this point, i have no intentions of sharing them)
  • savvysarah
    Options
    I don't think I received any comments until at least 20 or close to 25 lbs. Then I got several. They will come soon. Sometimes people hesitate to say anything to avoid hurt feelings. But YOU see and feel it, so keep it up!!
  • dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Great job! I got down to losing 17 pounds today, too! Best thing I've done: I tried on clothes at a store two days ago and
    am almost two sizes down from where I started. I know you said you noticed the smaller clothing... but go try on and have fun!
    Maybe even get something new... but not too expensive since you are on your way to your goal. People will start to notice.
    Celebrate the loss! Woohoo... imagine 17 lbs of butter stuck to your body... that'd make a big difference.
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    It wont happen if you expect to hear something from the people you see everyday. I have lost 40lbs and my husband has never said anything which discourages me so much but the other day I saw someone at church that I hadn't seen in long time, the second she saw me told me "OMG you have lost lots of lbs" I felt so happy and dissapointed at the same time cause the person you expect to notice never does it
  • PatriciaDC
    PatriciaDC Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It wont happen if you expect to hear something from the people you see everyday. I have lost 40lbs and my husband has never said anything which discourages me so much but the other day I saw someone at church that I hadn't seen in long time, the second she saw me told me "OMG you have lost lots of lbs" I felt so happy and dissapointed at the same time cause the person you expect to notice never does it

that's sad :(
  • Bennettjade
    Options
    Me too! I'm at 17 and while some people do make some comments and my clothes fit more lose, I don't see a huge difference yet in the mirror. Just stick with it! I will!
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just be proud of yourself that you have lost 17 pounds. Don't be sad about it! You is doing great keep it up.
  • shewhowrestleswolves
    Options
    Of course he's noticed. He's either intinidated or mean.
  • shewhowrestleswolves
    Options
    I've lost 6 and am on clound nine. Can't wait to be at 17 you r my inspiration
  • roguestates
    roguestates Posts: 223
    Options
    Of course he's noticed. He's either intinidated or mean.

That's possible. But it's also possible that it's harder for people close to you to see it because they see you on a daily basis. Gradual change is hard to notice. Someone who hasn't seen you in a while sees a more drastic change.

Keep up the good work. Don't let your self-worth be tied to what's on the scale, otherwise you will never notice a change in your mental health.
  • 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Why doesn't it feel as amazing as I thought it would? I can wear my smaller clothes, I can see the numbers going down. I still feel the same! Maybe because nobody else can tell yet? Part of me doesn't really believe it, like the scale could just be off.

I have lost 26lbs and I feel THE SAME WAY. I have taken a couple of pics because it's been a month since I have taken one and I still look the same to me. I can't tell AT ALL that I have lost anything and nobody is saying anything either(except my husband and mom). I wonder if I'm really losing and the scale is lying.

Angel
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!