Hello, new to the site :)

Options
I'm Amanda and I'm 22 years old.

I decided to join this site after many many many failed attempts at losing weight.

I used to have a cute figure but then I got married and got comfortable and let myself go yada yada. I got quite lazy and I partied a lot. Now the marriage is ending (good thing, turns out he was a jerk) and I want to get myself back to the way I was before and be happy in my own skin so here I am. I've recently quit drinking completely because I know it will help me shed the pounds faster. And I'm hoping this site will help me keep track of my eating and maybe find some inspiration and support :)

So thats my story :) thanks for reading!

Replies

• Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda

Welcome to MFP - it is a wonderful site and you will build up a support group of friends who will give you the encourage you need. Good luck on journey

Feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:

Linda (Sheffield - UK)
  • moonowl23
    moonowl23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

also got divorced at about 22, and am now getting re-married at 30 :)
    Friend me if you like for support :)
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    you can do it!!! remember your strong. if you need a friend eh! im here.:flowerforyou:
  • sunnybug90
    sunnybug90 Posts: 58
    Options
    Thank you so much! :)
  • syncronicity
    Options
    Hi. I'm pretty new too. Like you I also went through a divorce in January. I too quite drinking. It has been 20 months since I had a drink and 23 months since I quit smoking. I feel great. You can do it. Trust me. This site is awesome. If you want to friend me that would be cool. I need support too. You took the first steps. Way to go!
  • sunnybug90
    sunnybug90 Posts: 58
    Options
    Hi. I'm pretty new too. Like you I also went through a divorce in January. I too quite drinking. It has been 20 months since I had a drink and 23 months since I quit smoking. I feel great. You can do it. Trust me. This site is awesome. If you want to friend me that would be cool. I need support too. You took the first steps. Way to go!

Wow congrats!
  • ilhuilth
    ilhuilth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi amanda and welcome this is definetly a great website to stay motivated, good luck in your journey and feel free to add me.