HELP!!! Please!!! RECIPES NEEDED!!!!

Options
Melissa82434
Melissa82434 Posts: 19 Member
I am STUCK! Need some help with "HEALTHY" recipes that will help me to NOT go over my daily calorie intake. Not really sure where to start.... I just had a baby 5 months ago & am trying VERY hard to lose 30 pounds but seem to be struggling big time!!!!! I have done WW, didnt lose, I do P90X at least 5 times a week and going on my 3rd week and STILL havent lost any! Im really starting to get discouraged. Im trying to find tasty recipes that I can cook for all of us to enjoy. THANK YOU to anyone who is willing to help me out!!!!!!

Replies

• allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    P90x has a nutrition guide, and recipe book. Have you looked at their recommendations?
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, after I had my son it seemed like I worked out for months without any change and then out of nowhere I started to loss like crazy! I really enjoy stirfries and chicken wings, it amazing how spicy food and ice cold drinks can do for you!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    what kind of foods do you like?
  • funicello
    funicello Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Grilled Veggies
    This is my absolute favorite meal in the world.

1 Portabello Mushroom, whole
    1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced in rings
    1 Vidalia Onion, sliced in rings
    1 Jalapeno or Habanero Pepper, sliced in half
    1 medium Tomato, sliced in half
    1 slice Pepperjack Cheese
    2 TBSP Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Saute veggies in a touch of olive oil, season with Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle. Grill veggies. Melt cheese on mushroom. Layer slices of peppers, onions & tomatoes. Top with hummus. I have eaten this almost every night for about 2 weeks. I am trying not to eat meat but I have had chicken & pork chops grilled with it, too.
  • SofiaMogi
    SofiaMogi Posts: 1
    Options
    Power Breakfast – Large Oats only 208calories

30-40 grams of dry large flake oats
    1/2 green apple
    1/2 teaspoon honey
    1 walnut
    5grams dried cranberries

Place oats in a bowl and boil some water. Once the water is boiled, pour the water into the bowl just covering the oats with the boiling water. Add the dried cranberries and honey and stir for 10 seconds then leave to rest while you peel half of an apple. Once the apple is peeled simply grate it with a small or medium grater directly into the bowl with the oats. Finally to finish this dish, crush the walnut and stir
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    just made an awesome low cal tilapia tonight

2 4 ounce fish fillets
    1 tablespoon butter
    1/4 cup crushed cornbread stuffing mix (dry)
    seasonings to taste (about 1 tablespoon)
    (tonight I used Weber brand Mango Lime Seafood. Weber brand is AWESOME and usually cheap!)

preheat oven to 450, spray nonstick on baking sheet, rinse and pat dry fish, add stuffing mix to bowl with butter and melt in microwave about 30 seconds (or until butter is completely melted), stir well, use half the stuffing mix on each piece of fish, bake for 10-13 minutes (or until fish is done)

ends up being under 200 calories!

if you ever need any ideas let me know, i just got an amazing lowcal cookbook last month :-D

ive also used flax oil on a 4 ounce piece of salmon, coated it with the same weber seasoning on both sides (or the new orleans cajun one too!) and threw it on the george foreman = NUMMY!
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Cous Cous Salad, for lunch or dinner

50g dry weight couscous, prepared with hot water
    60g tuna
    1/4 medium avo ( 30g)
    80g gerkins
    Coriander/Cilantro - I use lots because i love it
    cayene pepper
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Grilled Veggies
    This is my absolute favorite meal in the world.

1 Portabello Mushroom, whole
    1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced in rings
    1 Vidalia Onion, sliced in rings
    1 Jalapeno or Habanero Pepper, sliced in half
    1 medium Tomato, sliced in half
    1 slice Pepperjack Cheese
    2 TBSP Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Saute veggies in a touch of olive oil, season with Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle. Grill veggies. Melt cheese on mushroom. Layer slices of peppers, onions & tomatoes. Top with hummus. I have eaten this almost every night for about 2 weeks. I am trying not to eat meat but I have had chicken & pork chops grilled with it, too.

This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • jusme085
    jusme085 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Try a high protein, low carb diet for a week. Did wonders to kick start my weight loss :happy:

Things like eggs - omlettes and fritattas, protein shakes, bars, etc, things with beans and lentils in it - chilli con carne, minestrone soup, quinoa or couscous instead of rice or pasta and most obviously lean meats.

Get your google search engine going for some recipes with the above foods!

GLUCK :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I have a blog on my page with low calorie healthy recipes. I add more everyday, and I am expanding my meal ideas to breakfast, lunch and desserts, not just dinners.

Feel free to add me to check it out :smile:
  • Melissa82434
    Melissa82434 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you EVERYONE for your helpful ideas & tips. Its NEVER easy in the beginning, nice to know others have the same struggles & get through them!!!! Thanks again :)
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That fish sounds tasty, I might try that tonight!
  • SgtMindy
    SgtMindy Posts: 53
    Options
    My favorite meal of the moment is two scrambled eggs, three cups frozen brocolli and little cheese melted on top. The eggs are a great source of protein to keep you full, the brocolli adds bulk and fiber, which also keeps you full, and the cheese-- I just add it because it tastes really good. YUM!!!!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    You're bound to find something on one of these sites

thegraciouspantry.com
    cleaneatingmag.com
    familyfreshcooking.com
    ohsheglows.com
    cookingquinoa.net
    outoftheboxfood.com
    kalynskitchen.com
  • rhondaw101
    Options
    Try focusing on portion control instead of recipes so much. For a long time I was eating an amount of food about the size of the palm of your hand every two hours from the waking to sleeping. It is very effective and burns calories because you feed the fire, so to say, every day. HOWEVER, it can be dangerous if you let your portions get out of control which I have done a time or two. Mfp has helped to me to keep my portions realistic and not kid myself into thinking a little more is ok, or underestimating how many calories I'm consuming. It also helps to get your appetitie under control, because after all, two hours is only two hours. You naturally eat things that are good for you so you stay fuller, the whole trick is in being disciplined with portion sizes. Works like a charm. If you like it and it keeps you full, eat it. Just keep it to the size of the palm of your hand and keep eating. Believe me it works. I still portion control but just slightly more and for longer periods of time.
  • joymechelle99
    joymechelle99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Try eating no meat or dairy products for two weeks..that should kick start your weight loss (no oil, sugar, or processed food either.) When I get stuck this works for me. Look up meatless chili verde....so yummy. Veggie pizza...last night we had veggie nachos heres the recipe...

saute green pepper onion and mushroom in water until soft then stack trader joes baked blue tortilla chips on plate top with fresh tomato, green onion, clilantro, sauteed veggies, smart life veggie crumbles mexican style, we did use low fat shredded cheese, kalamato olives, squeeze from a fresh lime, and salsa...very delicious!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Try focusing on portion control instead of recipes so much. For a long time I was eating an amount of food about the size of the palm of your hand every two hours from the waking to sleeping. It is very effective and burns calories because you feed the fire, so to say, every day. HOWEVER, it can be dangerous if you let your portions get out of control which I have done a time or two. Mfp has helped to me to keep my portions realistic and not kid myself into thinking a little more is ok, or underestimating how many calories I'm consuming. It also helps to get your appetitie under control, because after all, two hours is only two hours. You naturally eat things that are good for you so you stay fuller, the whole trick is in being disciplined with portion sizes. Works like a charm. If you like it and it keeps you full, eat it. Just keep it to the size of the palm of your hand and keep eating. Believe me it works. I still portion control but just slightly more and for longer periods of time.

Portion control is very important. I have found that by watching my portions, and carefully measuring things, I have stayed under my calorie alotment every day without hunger.
  • chantalM613
    chantalM613 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Here's what i eat when i'm not really sure what to eat... i almost always have these ingredients on hand!

Roast a pan of broccoli florets in the oven. Drizzle about 2 tsp. oil some salt and a little garlic powder. Let bake for about 15 minutes. Pour 1/3 cup marinara sauce and 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese on top (and or cheddar). Sprinkle with parmesan. Broil for one minute or bake at 450 till cheese is melted.

VERY yummy and a great way to get in some vegs.
  • susanb8500
    susanb8500 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love Fresh Food Fast, a cookbook by Cooking Light. It is based on the concept of 5 ingredients in 15 minutes. The 5 ingredients do not include things like olive oil, salt & pepper, etc. The recipes are really great. I've liked everything I've tried. This week I had the Greek Salad Bowl and Orange Beef and Broccoli. You can find most of the recipes online, but I like having the actual book. Here's a link to the Greek Salad Bowl to give you an idea: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/greek-salad-bowl-10000001895974/. You could change the recipe by omitting the chicken and adding chickpeas, or feta, or griled salmon. Here's a link to the Orange Beef and Broccoli: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/orange-beef-broccoli-10000001896062/.

Good luck!
  • Pmillen88
    Pmillen88 Posts: 11
    Options
    Are you eating enough?