C25K people

Options
so on friday i will be on that very weird week 5 day 3 : running a full 20 minutes without stopping...im really not looking forward to it.:sad: mostly because i dont see how i can jump that quickly from 8 minutes to 20. i never ever ever was a runner before starting this program. was anyone else freaked out by this random leap?! how did you do??? thanks guys :wink:

Replies

• SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You are going to LOVE the sense of accomplishment you feel once you've done this! Focus on that and switch your mind to being positive. You absolutely can do this. If you're really unsure then just slow the pace down a little from what you normally do and you'll be surprised at much further you can go.

You also should remind yourself that this isn't a random jump. You've been training so far on a plan that gets you to this point. You really are perfectly prepared for this. Earlier this week you did two lots of 8 minutes with a short rest inbetween. Did you think 4 weeks ago that you could ever achieve that? You did it and you can do this.

Stay positive and enjoy!
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Started my C25K today. Wasn't to bad - but I am not sure how many days a week I am mean't to do it. It just gives instructions week by week.
    Could anyone help?
    thanks in Advance
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    so on friday i will be on that very weird week 5 day 3 : running a full 20 minutes without stopping...im really not looking forward to it.:sad: mostly because i dont see how i can jump that quickly from 8 minutes to 20. i never ever ever was a runner before starting this program. was anyone else freaked out by this random leap?! how did you do??? thanks guys :wink:

Just take it slow and you'll be fine. It's a psychological thing more than a physical one. And be prepared for how tough week 6 run 1 is! That was a big shock for me :)

I'm now on the last run of week 8 and am absolutely stunned how far I have come with this perfectly designed programme. Stick with it, it is totally worth it!
  • konalove3
    konalove3 Posts: 79
    Options
    thanks for the motivation! just what i needed!!!! :heart:
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Started my C25K today. Wasn't to bad - but I am not sure how many days a week I am mean't to do it. It just gives instructions week by week.
    Could anyone help?
    thanks in Advance

3 days per week.
    I typically do Mon, Wed, Fri
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You are going to LOVE the sense of accomplishment you feel once you've done this! Focus on that and switch your mind to being positive. You absolutely can do this. If you're really unsure then just slow the pace down a little from what you normally do and you'll be surprised at much further you can go.

You also should remind yourself that this isn't a random jump. You've been training so far on a plan that gets you to this point. You really are perfectly prepared for this. Earlier this week you did two lots of 8 minutes with a short rest inbetween. Did you think 4 weeks ago that you could ever achieve that? You did it and you can do this.

Stay positive and enjoy!

So you are super sweet dude! I am now looking forward to week 3 day 1 tonight!
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I just did this run on Sunday and I went very slow. When I was done I felt great... until I did the week6day1 run LOL. I went out to fast and struggled with the last 5 min run. Oh well live and learn. You will be ready for it just go slow and listen to some good music to take your mind off of the time.