Needing some encouraging friends

Options
Hi! I'm new to the site & so far, I think it's pretty cool. Needing to lose 40lbs. Would really like to have some encouraging friends to help me thru my journey.

Replies

• Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me! =)
  • sunnybug90
    sunnybug90 Posts: 58
    Options
    I'm already loving this place! You already added me but I thought I'd say hi anyway and wish you luck! If you need some support or someone to talk to contact me anytime :happy:
  • ilhuilth
    ilhuilth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi, feel free to add me im in the same journey as you and working hard in lossing about the same amount of weight as you!!! welcome and you will really like this site, i just join two days ago and i feel so motivated!!!
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm trying to lose about 130-135 lbs right now. I lift heavy at the gym, like building muscle (I want curves, but firm curves. I DON'T intend to look like an extra member of an all-male 80s hair metal band. I like having my natural boobs too much, to let that happen), and I'm doing steady "fat loss" cardio (65-70% of my MHR) on depleted glycogen stores, whenever i can.

I like to think that I am encouraging, although I will still be honest and constructive with people when it comes to their diet and exercise. As nice as possible, but honest. I'm not one to blindly encourage anything that comes under your calorie limit, as I've seen some extremely concerning practices that still meet that goal. I'm a culinary grad, I know some things about nutrition, so I feel I can provide some advice on both (if you're a sucky cook, I can help).

Anyway, if you feel you're on the same or a similar page as I am, feel free to send me a friend request. I just ask that you mention this thread or some other brief explanation, so I don't accidentally decline you (my short-term memory is utter crap). Same goes for any other like-minded individuals who might want to add me.
  • heretoloseit95
    Options
    Hey, Welcome to MFP :)
    The support here is amazing and you'll definetly feel that things are much easier = )
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Vaxy1
    Vaxy1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi All,,,,

i am new to this, excited to lose this weight...

Help
  • TheGoalDigger
    TheGoalDigger Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome hun

Feel free to add me, you'll have my support 100%
  • littlemissghost
    littlemissghost Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new and would like some helpful Friends. XD
  • Bexyf
    Bexyf Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am a long way in to my journey, taking it nice and slow :D I am kind of addicted to MFP xx
  • Vaxy1
    Vaxy1 Posts: 2
    Options
    please feel free to invite me
  • wantinganewview
    Options
    I just started a few days ago myself; you can add me as a friend if you'd like to.
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    anyone may add me as well too, I have been slacking and now I am full ready to get back into it :smile:
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, hope you like it, you or anyone can add me if they want to, im here everyday
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Feel free to add me, im on here most days.

MFP is great for support and encouragement.

Cheers, Lyndall :smile:
  • Bexyf
    Bexyf Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hey Im on here everyday feel free to add xx
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Norm and been on here since Jan 2012, to date I have lost 56 lbs, 46 of it while using MPF. Feel free to add as a friend if you would like to. Either way, best of luck!!
  • lippy1727
    lippy1727 Posts: 53
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, best of luck in your weight loss journey.

Feel free to add me :-)
  • loub1974
    loub1974 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi me too!!! Have only been using it a week and am still trying to find my way around!! Feel free to add me xx
  • valdis26
    valdis26 Posts: 3
    Options
    Feel free to add me cause I'm looking for the same thing. Have a blessed day. :smile:
  • rmoga99
    rmoga99 Posts: 37
    Options
    I am rejoining, after taking time off to focus on one thing atva time. Now it is time for me. I am here to loose 25 lbs, and to do this Iit is easier with support. Add me and we can get there together! 5 lbs minimum by August 18th!