Breakfast of champions- High Protein - Low carb looove it

Options
High Protein - Low carb made this today, and it was scrumptious. - Best post workout breakfast i ever had, and it set me up for the day

workout = 339 cals
omelet = 431 cals

True cost = 92 cals cals carb fat protein

Tesco - Medium Free Range Egg, 3 egg 213 0 15 18
Co-Operative - Sardines In Tomato Sauce, 120 g 195 2 12 20
Onions - Raw, 0.5 medium (2-1/2" dia) 23 6 0 1

dont be afraid of fats, these are good fats that your body needs

Here is how to do it

To be eaten after a workout as a main meal, i usually eat it after burning about 300-350 calories, and when this is only 428 calories...it gives me a net calorie intake of 90 odd calories, and i am set for the day, and here's how i do it.......

1.Chop the onion and put in a small frying pan, with a few sprays of Olive oil or coconut oil if you prefer,

2. Empty the sardines into a bowl and chop up with a fork

3. when the onions are part sauteed, add the Sardines (or mackerel/salmon) and stir until warmed through Being careful not to let all the olive oil disintegrate

4. while this is heating, crack and beat three medium sized eggs, and whisk them until bubbles appear.

5. Add the egg to the pan and stir, to allow the fish and onion to be evenly distributed around the egg.

6. Using a fork or a spatula ( i use a fork) gently go round the outside of the pan, pulling down the already setting edges, allowing the liquid to fall in underneath the edges, thus strengthening the outsides.

n.b. Keep it moving to prevent sticking

6. I don't suggest Flipping it unless you want to be covered in fish and egg, so i just turn the pan over onto a plate and the slide back off the plate, into the pan using a spatula underneath the omelet to steady it, give it a minute or so, and you are ready to dump it onto the plate, and chow down, with a big mug of green tea with lemon or mint........

today, workout = 339 cals
omelet = 431 cals

true cal cost = 92 cals

well worth it!!!!!!

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    mine was almond flour coated chicken breast with spaghetti squash.

i just cant get into eggs.. or sardines. the smell is so offputting.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I'd rather put veggies in my omelette, but I think I'll give this a try.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing!!!

I had 2 eggs scrambled with smoked salmon, which I make every morn in the microwave at work. Ive got it down to a fine art now,lol.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You lost me at "sardines"... but that just leaves more for you, right? :wink:
  • christiangandy
    christiangandy Posts: 48 Member
    Options

haha, fair enough, but believe me, warming it through with sauteed onions, changes the taste and texture, and when the egg is in there too....take a gamble, after all, life is risk... :laugh:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

haha, fair enough, but believe me, warming it through with sauteed onions, changes the taste and texture, and when the egg is in there too....take a gamble, after all, life is risk... :laugh:

The sardines, being high in calcium mind you, do cook down a bit and the typical 'smell' isnt as bad as just coming out of the can.

Personally... I'll eat them right out of the damn can... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jumadey
    jumadey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i'm a big fan of fish (mackerel/salmon/sardines) with eggs. I love the combo :)
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this. Sounds great. And, I love the idea on how to flip an omelette.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options

Ok - since everything else in this dish is stuff I love-love-love, I'll give it a shot. Maybe this weekend. I'm warning you, though - if I don't like it, I'm never gonna listen to YOU again! LOL
  • christiangandy
    christiangandy Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Ok - since everything else in this dish is stuff I love-love-love, I'll give it a shot. Maybe this weekend. I'm warning you, though - if I don't like it, I'm never gonna listen to YOU again! LOL

lol....deal
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing!!!

I had 2 eggs scrambled with smoked salmon, which I make every morn in the microwave at work. Ive got it down to a fine art now,lol.

Oh, I bet your officemates LOVE you. :wink:
    I always feel a little guilty when I reheat a fish dish at work.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing!!!

Oh, I bet your officemates LOVE you. :wink:
    I always feel a little guilty when I reheat a fish dish at work.

Hahaha, its not so bad oddly enough, aaaand the staff room is a seperate room, so no-one has to deal with it.

I ate mackeral for lunch yesterday,lol though thankfully I didnt heat it!