Just started with MFP - Hoping to lose 28lb :)

Options
Hey Fellow Fitness Pals...

Just thought id write a little introduction on here. I am 29, 5"7 and currently weighing just over 154lbs!

I am on a 1200 calorie a day diet and keeping to it too. I am not even finding it hard as i use the barcode scanner to find and log my meals.

I am also using the treadmill everyday (running) for approx 30-35 mins which the treadmill calorie counter shows me losing an extra 360 calories.

I am not wanting to be skinny minnie but i just want more energy and to tone up the wobbly bits lol.

I am now in a uk size 12, but i am quite curvy so lets hope this helps with my goals!!

Feel free to add me for some motivational support!!

Kind regards

Natalie x

Replies

• ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    hello and welcome here sounds like your off to a great start keep up the great work and have a great day
  • hitman1268
    hitman1268 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, This program has helped me lose 27 lbs so far and have gained great muscle mass. Keep with it and you will definitely hit your goal. Good luck
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WELCOME to MFP.. You will find alot of support,motivation and friends here..
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hey Natalie,

Welcome to MFP! This is a great site and the app is really handy!

What's made you want to lose 28lbs? That puts you slightly underweight according to the BMI chart....see below.

5 ft 7
    Weight 9 st 2 lb -11 st 6 lb
    Height: 1.70 m
    BMI: 58 - 73

In my honest opinion, my advice to you would be to increase your goal weight slightly and, to eat more, maybe set your goal on here (if that's what you're using) to a 1lb loss per week. 1200 calories isn't a lot to play with but it will depend on how clean you eat.

Try and mix up and vary your work outs. Those losing weight benefit from 50% weight bearing exercise

Good luck on your journey and give me a shout if I can help with anything!

Sarah :)

Hey Fellow Fitness Pals...

Just thought id write a little introduction on here. I am 29, 5"7 and currently weighing just over 154lbs!

I am on a 1200 calorie a day diet and keeping to it too. I am not even finding it hard as i use the barcode scanner to find and log my meals.

I am also using the treadmill everyday (running) for approx 30-35 mins which the treadmill calorie counter shows me losing an extra 360 calories.

I am not wanting to be skinny minnie but i just want more energy and to tone up the wobbly bits lol.

I am now in a uk size 12, but i am quite curvy so lets hope this helps with my goals!!

Feel free to add me for some motivational support!!

Kind regards

Natalie x
  • missnatalieiom
    missnatalieiom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the reply.

I started off my diet 3.5 weeks ago weighing 160.4 lbs...

I would love to get down to just over 9 stone? (135lb)

I think for me the most important thing is to get fit, feel healthy and have more energy.

I was a uk dress size 14 (now a 12) but there are certain areas i need to work on (tummy, legs, upper arms)

I have no idea about diets or exercise i am just counting calories and using the treadmill lol...

I was considering joining a gym but i never have the time xxx
  • sofullofimperfections
    Options
    Hey Natalie

Welcome to MFP, I just joined properly too!

I'm also a size 12 :) And 158 lbs...20 years old and 5"6, it's nice to see someone at a similar start weight/size to me on here :)

Good luck! Go you for using the treadmill daily by the way....Wish i had will power like that

Zoe x
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    welcome..youre in the right place ..
    with right people who are in this journey with you ..

add me for motivation/support ..

REMEMBER YOURE TOO AWESOME GIVE IT 100%
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Enjoy your stay!
  • Karenannmo
    Karenannmo Posts: 118
    Options
    Welcome Natalie. This is a great site with lots of support and it keeps you in check. Love to have you as a friend so feel free to add me :wink:
  • lsm0509
    lsm0509 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also just started using MFP. It looks like we are about the same. I am 5'7" and 153 lbs. I also want to weigh about 135 lbs. It's great to see someone with the same goals. Feel free to add me! :)
  • beckydunks
    beckydunks Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcom everyone, I've been using MFP a month and i am happy with the results so far :)

losing a pound a week every week, with no exercise :)

I'm 21, 5ft 8in, current weight 165lbs.

I need motivation to do exercise though!!! haha
  • zlatkovwechanged
    Options
    Hi Natalie,

Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey. I have lost 25 lb (11.5 kg) so far. You can do it too. No doubt. Feel free to add me.

Regards,
    Zlatko