Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    and...

14808678_5258.jpg

You look Much more adorable here!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think you're gorgeous, and shorter hair would make your cheekbones really pop and make your face look thinner than your current style. Even if you don't go Posh-short, a few layers or bangs be nice.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I say go for it! A few years ago I went from having hair that ended about the middle of my bum to this

5760_241791345703_1019932_n.jpg

It was SO liberating. I loved it. It went through many variations of this style some shorter, some longer. I kept it that way for about 2.5 years. I've since grown it back out to my shoulders. It's just hair! Have fun with it!
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    IIt's just hair! Have fun with it!

This is nice to read :)
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Here's what my hair looks like pulled back (don't mind the frizz I just woke up).

Picture0004.jpg

Do you think that's what I should expect if I cut it?
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Go for it, it will look great xx
  • Alexstrasza
    Options
    and...

14808678_5258.jpg

You look Much more adorable here!

Well my hair is already way short than that now, lol. I did love that hair but I kept it pulled back all the time. My kids pulled my hair too much and I was just tired of dealing with it.
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Why not try an updo first to get a feel for how your hair looks when it's off your face?

My husband says he doesn't care either way. He's not really bothered with hair, lol.

I had very long hair just a few months back. But I hate dealing with it. It was up in a pony tail or bun 99% of the time. That's why I cut it the length it is now. However I find myself pulling it back in a hair clip because it bothers me, lol.

Not to mention I have a problem with over heating and my hair gets all sweaty and then frizzes and goes poofy. Lol.
    In that case, sounds like you're ripe for the snip! Show us what you do :)
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I think the hair cut will be fine
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The pic you showed doesn't give a good idea...you're asking if your face is too fat but you showed a pic with your face turned slightly away. To give you a more accurate opinion we'd need to see your face full on. I absolutely LOVE that cut though! I chopped my hair all off last year and love it...but I do have a narrow face.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Brutally honest, I don't think 99% of women in the world with short hair pull it off.

I agree. Right now I'm not sure you can pull it off, although I could be wrong. You're young, too, your face may develop more angles as you get older, mine finally did to some extent, although I'll never be able to have a cut that short, either.

There is a pic of you in your profile with your hair longer that I like best of your pics, but I'm biased because I like long hair, so take that with a grain of salt. I haven't cut mine in years and years.
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    ahhh the constant struggle we have as moms -- what to do with our hair! We love it long, but hate it long because it's too much to deal with (and the kids pull all over it, like you said!!). We want it short because it will be "easier", then hate it once we do it ... such a struggle!!! For me personally I HATE my hair when it's short. I've chopped it twice (I swear it was hormone related because I did it right after I had each of my kids!), hated it, and will never do it again. (Someone please remind me I said that the next time I have a baby and want to cut my hair again!) For me, personally, I don't like it on MYSELF. I see that style on other women and think it's super cute ... but would never do it. If you want to try it, there's no reason not to :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    People do make a good point, though. If you want to experiment, it's not a huge deal, since it will grow back!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    ahhh the constant struggle we have as moms -- what to do with our hair! We love it long, but hate it long because it's too much to deal with (and the kids pull all over it, like you said!!). We want it short because it will be "easier", then hate it once we do it ... such a struggle!!! For me personally I HATE my hair when it's short. I've chopped it twice (I swear it was hormone related because I did it right after I had each of my kids!), hated it, and will never do it again. (Someone please remind me I said that the next time I have a baby and want to cut my hair again!) For me, personally, I don't like it on MYSELF. I see that style on other women and think it's super cute ... but would never do it. If you want to try it, there's no reason not to :)

lol this whole post is like the story of my life. I went super short after both kids, too.. and both times were at my heaviest. I don't know, I loved it at the time because I do think that short hair on certain women is quite sexy but looking back at pics.. noooo. Nothing about my face shape/structure is cute and tiny in that Halle Berry way (who is the absolute hottest with short hair, I think)... and honestly? Now that I grew it back out, it is SO much easier to fuss with longer hair than short hair. Short hair needs product and to be fussed with and messed with to look just so- long hair? Not so much. A little mousse, a quick blow dry and done. I like your hair the way it is now, OP, maybe add some longer bangs in the front. You might love it or hate it when you cut it off but hey, it'll grow back.
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I went through this last year and lopped off all my hair (it was below my bra strap). Everyone says "it looks amazing" and "you have a face that can pull off really short hair" BUT having short hair is way more effort to style and more expensive to maintain (frequent cuts) than long and I feel like it makes me (and most everyone else) look older which is rarely a good thing.

My hubby prefers short hair, but he is an exception and 95% of men (uh..100% of MFP men) seem to prefer long. Also, you still get hot with short hair, but there is really no way to totally get your hair up and off. You have to wear more make-up if you don't love the butch look and (at least for me) it takes FOR-EV-ER to grow back. I am 7 months in and it is just now a chin length bob. Looking at all your pics - the long hair looked best on you as it helped to narrow your face. I would keep a style that does that - which unfortunately most short hair styles would not. I say don't cut it!
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Brutally honest, I don't think 99% of women in the world with short hair pull it off.

I respectfully disagree with this, I think you would look nice with short hair. You have similar features to my wife and it looks great on her.
    This was my original post but then I saw you with the long hair and I think that looks better on you.
  • Alexstrasza
    Options
    Fook it. I'm gonna do it, lol. I might as well. I've dyed my hair so much over the years that this will be my chance to get all natural color. I have a dark brown natural color but I tend to dye it black (and blonde...and pink....and purple, lol).

It'll always grow back if I don't like it.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

Agreed. Don't do it.

Yeah, agreed as well... I like what you have now.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I love how the men on here are all "DON'T DO EEET!" and most of the women are all for it.

Made me giggle.
    The estrogen echo chamber is always in favor of anything any sister wants to do.
    "I am thinking of eating celery only for 5 months while I gather nutrients from the sun"
    And the herd says....
    YOU GO GIRL :drinker:

hahahaha! :laugh:
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I think when you have shorter hair, it is all about the way you style it.. (loose and carefree) versus curled, feathered, or otherwise parted and styled (too uptight). Also, make sure you have an edginess to it.. one that screams rebellion... or it can look like the haircut is wearing you rather than you wearing a haircut............