How Much?/ How Long?

Options
Curvimami
Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
Need a little motivation. I have 40lbs to go and I was just curious to find out How much weight have you lost/Do you want to lose? How long did it take you? What are you doing to get there?

Replies

• igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    During my first 8 months on MFP I lost 40 pounds. I maintained during my half marathon training and have just jumped back on the band wagon in the past 2 months. Every person is different, the first two months can be tough because you want to see results fast, as well as the challenging dietary changes. Just be really patient and come up with a plan that works best for you! :)

I try my best to eat clean (trying to reduce sugars right now) and I exercise as much as possible! My favorite thing to do is run - so I need to get better about cross training.

You've got this!
  • Curvimami
    Options
    During my first 8 months on MFP I lost 40 pounds. I maintained during my half marathon training and have just jumped back on the band wagon in the past 2 months. Every person is different, the first two months can be tough because you want to see results fast, as well as the challenging dietary changes. Just be really patient and come up with a plan that works best for you! :)

I try my best to eat clean (trying to reduce sugars right now) and I exercise as much as possible! My favorite thing to do is run - so I need to get better about cross training.

You've got this!

thanx!!! I was finding it kind of discouraging that so many ppl who start on this journey lose 10 to 15lbs their first month. and Others losing 60lbs in 4 months (Crazy!!). I guess I was hoping for losses like that. :ohwell:
  • Curvimami
    Options
    ITs almost been 60 days and Ive lost 14lbs thus far. Feel like I must be doing something wrong. Was hoping other ppl would be able to give me some pointers on speeding this up a bit. Some tips and tricks perhaps. Advice, even
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Need a little motivation. I have 40lbs to go and I was just curious to find out How much weight have you lost/Do you want to lose? How long did it take you? What are you doing to get there?

I have lost 130 pounds. I am not actively trying to lose anymore but wouldn't mind dropping another 5-10.
    I started in Jan 2011 so just about 18 months.
    I got here by eating well and working out. I find what helps most is to plan meals ahead of time and find exercise you love.
  • angeeishere
    angeeishere Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Since January I've lost (and never to be found again) 48.5 pounds and have 32.5 to go. I hope to have this gone by next January or Feburary, if it goes before that...great. In mid May to Mid June I struggled a bit, hit the dreaded plateau. Then I got smart and asked for some more friends and what a difference having the additional support!
  • mocha106
    mocha106 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    So during the past 8 weeks, you have lost 14 lbs. You have been losing a little more than 1.5 lbs per week. You are doing a fantastic job!
  • mocha106
    Options

You've got this!

thanx!!! I was finding it kind of discouraging that so many ppl who start on this journey lose 10 to 15lbs their first month. and Others losing 60lbs in 4 months (Crazy!!). I guess I was hoping for losses like that. :ohwell:

Remember that the more you weigh, the more you will lose every week. A healthy rate is to lose around 10% of your body weight per week.
  • Curvimami
    Options

You've got this!

Remember that the more you weigh, the more you will lose every week. A healthy rate is to lose around 10% of your body weight per week.

10% a week!!?? wouldnt that be 20lbs a week for someone 200lbs
  • KrystleKiri
    KrystleKiri Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi there! I had a goal around 50 pounds to lose. I'm 21, 5'9" and started at a flabby 224 pounds. Before I had my daughter, I was 175 pounds, and in pretty decent shape thanks to color guard and dance. So far, it's been 91 days, and I've lost 31 pounds. I have roughly 18-19 pounds to go to be at my initial goal, though I'll re-evaluate when that number gets closer.

Don't be discouraged about having 40 pounds to go, that's not that far off. I swim. A lot. I highly recommend that. I also do core work at night, just your typical sit-ups, ballerina criss-crosses, stuff like that. Be proud of yourself, and know that you WILL get there if you stay in the right mindset. Your thoughts are literally half the battle with this journey.
  • makingthebook
    makingthebook Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You're okay!!!! I have been doing MFP for 4 months and just met the 15 pound mark today (27.4 more to go!). Depending on your size, height, and disposition to hold water, some people see results faster than others. As long as you're averaging at least 1 pound a week, I wouldn't worry about it. Also, make sure that you are not retaining water!!!
  • tashalizzie
    tashalizzie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well done, 14lb loss is great, I would be happy with that! Keep going. x
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Should be more like 1% at most.

Anyway, I started with about 70 to lose and have made it through the first 40. I started at the beginning of April and quit smoking at the end of April. I had to start weight loss before quitting smoking because I was already at almost 270 and couldn't bear the thought of getting to 300. I don't really have a firm goal weight, I guess it is in the 190's but I have definite fitness goals. A 5k by fall, a 10 mile race by June and a Try-a-Tri by next July.

I eat relatively clean with lots of lean meat, veggies, and frozen yogurt bars. I exercise as much as I can which was walking about 5 miles per day including 30 flights of stairs. That was until I injured my knee switching to C25K training. Actually it was a stress fracture according to the doc. Anyway, now I am biking about 20 miles a day and just started doing some strenth training with an assortment of body weight exercises.
  • makingthebook
    makingthebook Posts: 9 Member
    Options
  • Curvimami
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your advice and support :happy:
  • mocha106
    Options

You've got this!

Ha ha ha! Sorry, I meant 1%.
  • Curvimami
    Options

You've got this!

Ha ha ha! Sorry, I meant 1%.

Lol. I was really concerned.lol