How do you use ur Food Processor?!

Options
LauraAshley89
LauraAshley89 Posts: 5 Member
Hey guys! I just bought a food processor and am super excited to use it, except I am not quite sure what I can use it for besides making hummus or salsa lol..I will take any suggestions and recipes:)))

Replies

• anashar
    anashar Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just used mine to make mashed cauliflower - perfect side for a steak or topping for shepard's pie. Cut the cauliflower into small florets, steam till soft, then put in the food processor with minced garlic and a little salt. If you google it, lots of recipes with other ingredients like milk or cheese, but I like mine clean. So tasty, filling and healthy!
  • Moyzilla
    Moyzilla Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Love my food processor! I make salsas and hummus with it pretty regularly.

I also love eating raw veggies when I can easily and quickly shred them up with it. Same goes for cabbage and lettuce, I use a slicing disk on those. Lately, I'll use the grating disk on whatever veggies I have around (radishes, a seeded cucumber, peppers, carrots) then throw in a little oil/vinegar type of dressing. I don't know why but I love eating my vegetables this way!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I chop all my vegies, specially onions (no more tears). I also do my favorite new sweet snack (avocado pudding).
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    to take a quote from another MF Pal... cant remember who... but My hummus is Yummus! However, since I went low carb, I hardly use my food processor anymore, so I too am interested in recipes of this nature.

Thanks for the thread:)

ronney
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    avacado pudding??? do tell!!!!!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    which one did you buy? i'm in the market for a new one.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    you could always make homemade chicken/ham salad in it?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Mine gets used regularly for hummus, baba ganoush and pesto!
  • trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    Oh my god... how DON'T I use it??? It's my favorite thing ever. Just in the past few days I've made:
    mashed cauliflower
    tofu pudding (silken tofu + fruit + fridge = delicious)
    frozen banana soft serve (just stick a frozen banana in there!) and a smoothie
    cherry "sorbet" (processed frozen cherries)
    cilantro pesto
    gluten-free super-healthy chocolate chip cookie pie (a lower-calorie modified version of this recipe http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/31/deep-dish-cookie-pie/)
    gazpacho
  • Lotusstarr
    Lotusstarr Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've been really wanting to get one... I already have uses for it... Homemade Black Bean Burgers would be awesome.... Also... Cauliflower crust for pizza....soups, oh and the joy of not slicing everything all the time!!! Ever since I started this weight release.. lots of fresh foods so lots of prep... but I'm happy to be away from the more processed and packaged foods most of the time... its all in prep prep prep... sometimes it would be nice to just have it ready!
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    I make a smoothie with mine every morning, and I also make this every week:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/23/want-to-eat-an-entire-bowl-of-cookie-dough/
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Avocado, 3-4 tbs cocoa powder, 2-3 tbs honey ( I have found I like this as the sweetener best), a bit of almond milk or other milk. You can chill it or freeze it for ice cream. Makes an amazing shake.
  • shewhowrestleswolves
    Options
    Chopped salads - run the romaine and everything else thru the slicing blade. cut up enough for a few days and tupperware them in the fridge. Put your add ins later (turkey grated cheese olives etc)
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I make garlic-ginger paste, and pesto in mine. Home-made pesto is the best!

Also: http://www.foodnetwork.com/topics/food-processor/index.html
  • LauraAshley89
    LauraAshley89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am super excited!!!!!! I'm def going to use this for my salads, which I have slacked on eating:/ and will def try some of ur ideas! I have heard of the pesto, I Love Pesto too! Now to just get find a recipe...and I saw black bean burgers? I would love to know how that tastes!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Basil Pesto
    Chimichurri Sauce
    Tomatillo Sauce
    Ranchera Sauce
    Homemade BBQ sauce
    Roasted vegetables lightly pureed for sauces

Prep of tomatoes for sauce

For my breakfast smoothies
  • halarson24
    halarson24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What a great purchase! I love my food processor. I love using it to grate vegetables when I have a lot to do (carrots and zucchini, for example) and then salads and slaws come together in a jiffy.

I also make banana, strawberry and mango "ice-creams"

http://hollylarsonrd.blogspot.com/2012/07/banana-ice-creama-low-calorie-dessert.html

As well as a new spin on hummus: balsamic black bean hummus.

http://hollylarsonrd.blogspot.com/2012/06/decadent-dip-balsamic-black-bean-hummus.html

Hope this helps!

-Holly
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I have a shredder/slicer attachment and shred my own cheeses & slice up veges.

Homemade ice cream

Smoothies

Guacamole

Chopped veges

Salsa

Grind my own hamburger meat

Pesto

Vinaigrette dressing

Herbed butter & garlic butter

This is just to name a few.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member