Only 4 lbs lost

Options
db56
db56 Posts: 31 Member
Is 4 lbs ok in 3 weeks time? I have went to the gym a total of 10 times and stay within 1200 calories sometimes alittle more.

I was hoping for more. I have noticed that my things fit better and overall I feel better.. 4 lbs is not a lot but for me it makes a huge difference in the way I feel.
I am 5'3 and 57 years old. started at 161 and want to get to 140.

Donna

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You only have 21lbs to lose, so you should be aiming for 0.5-1lb a week. So yeah, 4lbs is very good. Just remember that some weeks you may lose more, and some weeks you may lose less. That's the way it goes.

The only thing you might want to consider is whether or not you are getting enough calories if you are exercising. Make sure you are giving your body fuel to complete your workouts!

Congrats on your loss!
  • db56
    db56 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    thank you for the reply. I guess I just needed a little assurance.
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    4 pounds in 3 weeks is good. It means you're on your way! If you have less to lose, it may come off a little slower than someone who has 100 pounds to lose. Hang in there!
  • stryke3
    stryke3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started in January and noticed I was l losing about 4 pounds a month. One month it was only 1 pound! Got a little discouraged but kept at it. Realizing it's a slow process for me. And that's ok. It's working and you just have to stick with it. Good Luck.