99lbs lost - Featured in the YMCA staff newsletter - Pic!

Options
joyzy
joyzy Posts: 97 Member
Here's a post from 5 weeks ago with my story.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/621423-almost-there-90lbs-lost-in-about-10-months

My local YMCA has been an integral part of my weight loss. Our family membership has been used to the max. I'm there2 hours a day, 5-6 days a week running and lifting and my three kids (ages 6, 3.5, and 1.5) love going to the childcare at the Y while I exercise. And NO they did NOT pay me to say any of this! :-)

A few weeks ago they asked me to write for them so I did and parts of my writing and pictures are being published in their staff newsletter, community mailing and I think they said the newspaper too.

Here's what was in the staff newsletter last week. As of this morning I'm up to 99 lbs lost!!

photo3.jpg?t=1342034703

Replies

• jennakrysteen
    Options
    that is so impressive and your such a inspirtation. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome!
  • laynunugawa
    laynunugawa Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    you are truly inspirational, ty for sharing
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. Thank you for sharing your story...it's such an inspiration.:flowerforyou:
  • Bevigal
    Bevigal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Here's a post from 5 weeks ago with my story.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/621423-almost-there-90lbs-lost-in-about-10-months

My local YMCA has been an integral part of my weight loss. Our family membership has been used to the max. I'm there2 hours a day, 5-6 days a week running and lifting and my three kids (ages 6, 3.5, and 1.5) love going to the childcare at the Y while I exercise. And NO they did NOT pay me to say any of this! :-)

A few weeks ago they asked me to write for them so I did and parts of my writing and pictures are being published in their staff newsletter, community mailing and I think they said the newspaper too.

Here's what was in the staff newsletter last week. As of this morning I'm up to 99 lbs lost!!

photo3.jpg?t=1342034703

WTG Joy!!

You deserved to be featured in that article too, you have done superbly!!!
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Great job!! This is something to really be proud of, I LOVE the YMCA, I go to my local branch EVERYDAY! sometimes twice!! I agree, its a wonderful supportive place, and they have tons of things for kids too!!!
  • autumnbottom8
    autumnbottom8 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Thats a great accomplishment!!
    keep up the great work!!
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    Great job Joy...very inspiring story...thanks so much for sharing!! You're looking great btw! :flowerforyou:
  • abacorica
    abacorica Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome story - thanks for sharing! Very motivational!
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to all! Congratulations on your successes! :drinker:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! That's so great :D
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    SO AWESOME!!!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome!! You are inspiring that is for sure!! Thank you for sharing this....Way to go!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    That is SO awesome! You'll prob have people coming up to you at the gym now saying "Hey! You're THAT girl! We read about you!"
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    good work overcoming not just weight loss but physical limitations too. Very inspiring!
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    As a Y employee of 9 years, thanks for being a part of the Y family! I'm always so warmed to hear of people who are truly "connected" to their Y. We have tried for many years (as witnessed in our brand change last year) to not be thought of as a "swim and gym" place. We aren't, we are a community organization committed to the health and wellbeing of all of our members, staff and communitites. We support people, we build relationships and we care.

Congratulations on all of the hard work! And it sounds like you have a great Y that is connected to you and you to them and they recognize and want to acknowledge all of your progress!

And, as an early childhood director, I'm glad your kids love being in the childcare! :)
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    That is so great :)! You look fantastic!
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an accomplishment. Thank you for sharingi :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!