Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bad day.

tigerlilly24
tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
I am a total emotional eater and today for a variety of reasons is not a good day. I'm seriously restraining myself from chowing down on a bunch of chocolatey goodness that will temporarily soothe me til I realise what I ate and then feel worse than before. Does anybody know of any healthy mood boosting foods? So I guess I just wanted to vent a little bit and to everyone else who's having a bad day i'm right there with ya.

Replies

• Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    I'm an emotional eater too. When I find the magic bullet food that makes me feel better (when I'm eating it) than chocolate does, I'll let you know, but in the mean time, come on over to the Food Addicts Anonymous thread. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/68908-food-addicts-anonymous Whenever I'm fighting a really bad craving I go there for support, and it's helped me a lot. Read through, and people have come up with a lot of good ways to use substitutions to cut down on calories, or ways to "think out" of cravings.
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    I totally understand your feelings -

I have been trying to instead of grabbing a crappy candy bar or something like that, i grab a Luna bar or cliff bar, something that still has a yummy taste but is better calories. My favs so far are Chocolate brownie, chocolate peppermint and oatmeal walnut raisin. They have Mini sizes of both too. Target has the minis on sale in both luna and cliff this week.

Hope that helps!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Another tasty option for chocolate that actually has some benefits without breaking the calorie bank are the Kellog's Fiberplus bars. They are about 140 calories, and very filling, because of the fiber in them. They also have anti-oxidantsi like them better than the "Fibars" because they have 1/2 the sodium that Fibars do. There is a chocolate chip verson, and a dark chocolate almond as well.

Good luck . Hope tomorrow is a better day.:flowerforyou:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    I totally understand!!!!! I have days when I just want to totally stuff my face with Costco
    chocolate covered raisins........ yowser, those suckers are so dam goooooood. :sad: :grumble: :noway:

When I feel stressed out or anxious, that's when I want to go there...........
    But the more I DON'T EAT chocolate or other sweets, the less I crave them.
    And I also TRY to remember how crappy I feel after overeating like that! :grumble: :noway:

DISTRACTION is a good thing! Since I lost my job, I've had more time for hobbies like
    drawing & painting. Get involved in crafts or something that occupies the hands & mind.

Good luck to you!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Hey Barbarella,

I know we are in the same metro area, so the following item is available at a Costco near you. If you like Costo's chocolate covered raisins, try the Brookside dark chocolate covered pomegranate. 10 pieces have 90 calories, but they are soooo satisfying, I can usually get by with 5!!!! Yum!!!:heart:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    There are actually mood-enhancing vitamins - folic acid and b-12.

Foods rich in folate: fortified whole-grain breakfast cereals, lentils, black-eyed peas, soybeans, oatmeal, mustard greens, beets, broccoli, sunflower seeds, wheat germ and oranges.

Foods rich in vitamin B12: shellfish (clams, oysters, crab), wild salmon (fresh or canned), fortified whole-grain breakfast cereal, lean beef, cottage cheese, low-fat yogurt, milk (skim, skim plus, 1% reduced-fat) and eggs.

Potatoes are also rich in B vitamins, so when I was a kid, my mother told me to go eat a potato if I was grumpy. :tongue:
  • Vitamuffin Vitatops are realllllllllly good too. And 100 calories, loads of fiber (6g i think?) and 3g protein. I love the double chocolate flavor. If you really want something that seems "bad", try a choc vitatop with reddi whip. It tastes like a sundae.
This discussion has been closed.