calories intake help!

Options
hi everyone!
just a quick question...

im eating about 1200-1500 calories a day
but then when i add in my exercise which is usually burning between 500-700 calories my net calories goes down by a HELL of a lot... does that matter?

because i don't want to cut down my exercise time - plus i don't want to increase my food intakes. im happy with how much i eat, i eat every 4 hours, plus im not hungry.

Replies

• layne_martin87
    Options
    I think that's great, and i dont think there is anything wrong with not eating more, just so long as you feel healthy and fit. But then again i'm at the start of my journey and it seems like i cant win. I eat under the sugested calories every day and i haven't gained or lost anything.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    The website already created a deficit so when you add exercise calories it's telling you to eat those calories so your net isn't too low and your deficit too high.

I would eat them. At least eat 1/2 of them if you are using this website for burn calculations. Eating too little and having too large of a deficit can hinder your weight loss.
  • LuckySar
    LuckySar Posts: 12
    Options
    I think the amount of calories burned on MFP is a huge over-estimate, so I would be careful eating those calories back. I stick to about 1300 calories a day, even with exercise, and have been seeing consistent results.
    My trainer advised me not to eat back the exercise calories, but if I was truly hungry (not just thirsty or bored) to eat something nutritionally dense. Since you're not hungry, I think you're fine!
  • mrsdamr
    mrsdamr Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What about the fact that the MFP doesn't calculate any calorie deficit for weight training. That gets frustrating. Not that I rely on it in the least - I just want to see it. :)
  • xxzimmer
    xxzimmer Posts: 37
    Options
    For me MFP underestimates cals burned. For my GF, it over estimates. It all depends on the individual. I would eat the cals back with something light, like cashews, or almonds. A handful of each is about 160-180 calories. I would not trust a trainer who told me not to eat the calories back. IF you dont take the calories in then your body will take nutrients from itself, ie it will break down muscle.
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    because i don't want to cut down my exercise time - plus i don't want to increase my food intakes.

What are you asking exactly? Are you looking for approval for what you are doing? You seem to have stated that you don't want to make any changes so what does it matter what anyone else says on here?
  • kandicecpht
    Options
    If you put weight lifting in under strength training in Cardio, it will give you a value.
  • mrsdamr
    mrsdamr Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try strength training under cardio - I did not know it!
  • DanRyan44
    DanRyan44 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When you add you Cardio to your diary, you can change the calories burned... This might help with your "net"