Chocolate cravings

Options
I just found a great way to curb my chocolate cravings! The quaker chocolate crunch rice cake is awesome! It gives that chocolate flavor that I want but also provides whole grain and fills me up like a huge brownie or piece of cake would! My 2 year old daughter likes them too which is great because she is so picky and I can't get her to eat healthy. Thought this would help those who suffer from the cravings like me!!:drinker:

Replies

• kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    I just found a great way to curb my chocolate cravings! The quaker chocolate crunch rice cake is awesome! It gives that chocolate flavor that I want but also provides whole grain and fills me up like a huge brownie or piece of cake would! My 2 year old daughter likes them too which is great because she is so picky and I can't get her to eat healthy. Thought this would help those who suffer from the cravings like me!!:drinker:
  • jpisca
    jpisca Posts: 6
    Options
    I have found the same!... I :heart: the Quaker Caramel Drizzle 90 (or maybe 100) calorie packs when i am craving something sweet... So yummy!..
  • snelfk
    snelfk Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you really want a yummy chocolate "substitute" try the Fiber One Chocolate and Oats bars, they're more cals at 140 each, but really, really good and with all that fiber, fill you up
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oooo three of my favorites....you guys are in my head today LOL

I'm having my fiber one chocolate & oats as my snack today lol yum!

hugs!
    Ali
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    I like to have 15-20 chocolate covered raisins. About 100 calories, and yummy! Or, Quaker chewy low fat dark chocolate cherry granola bar. 90 cals.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Quaker also has a Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Rice cake that is heavenly too. :love: :love:

(I would have NEVER thought a year ago I'd EVER type those words!) :laugh:
  • magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a sugar free Jello dark chocolate pudding - 60 calories, and not too much fat.
  • ainslieelizabeth
    Options
    I completely agree with the Fibre One bars...they are scrumptious!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Yep, Fiber one oats n chocolate lover here too!!! I had one today!
  • Funkystarr
    Funkystarr Posts: 40
    Options
    Love the Fiber one bars, just started eating them a few weeks ago :heart:
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    How expensive are Fiber One bars? I keep hearing about them, and South Beach diet stuff, etc... but we need to keep our grocery bills reasonable... :huh:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hmm I usually get them at bj's or coscos but in the market they usual go from 3.50 - 2.50 for a box of 6 I think....oh and try the carmel fiber ones too...they are soo good like butterscotch LOL...today I left one in my truck while I went to work and I know this may sound ick but it was sooo good and soft and chewy (and messy) like a hot chocolate chip oatmeal cookie LOL...I think I may try to heat one again...I'm all about the illusions LOL:wink:

hugs!
    Ali
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    Fiber One Bars at Wal-Mart are $2.38 a box.:heart: them!!!!
    Sometimes I make fake ice cream sandwiches out of choc. graham crackers and light or fat free cool whip, wrap them in saran wrap and freeze for a bit, then eat. I also lke the Sugar Free fudgesicles at 60 calories a pop:bigsmile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Bars at Wal-Mart are $2.38 a box.:heart: them!!!!
    Sometimes I make fake ice cream sandwiches out of choc. graham crackers and light or fat free cool whip, wrap them in saran wrap and freeze for a bit, then eat. I also lke the Sugar Free fudgesicles at 60 calories a pop:bigsmile:

Really? Around here they're about 3.50 to 4$ a box :(

If you want chocolate you can also check out the chex mix chocolate and carmel 100 calorie bags, and the turtle 100 calorie bags. They're awesome!

Also, if you can stand the temptation, dove chocolate makes those little boxes of chocolate squares. I usually have one in the cabinet for a rare treat. Plus its a good exercise of willpower to only eat one... I actually feel like I accomplished something when i do :)
  • mkeithley
    Options
    Maybe it's because I'm closer to Arkansas, where the Wal-Mart headquarters are located *banjo starts strumming "Duelling Banjos"*:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I just had a half cup (maybe more) of instant sugar free jell-o chocolate pudding with 2percent milk and a couple tablespoons of whipping cream. Yum. I still didn't use up all my exercise calories either.
  • mkeithley
    Options
    I just had a half cup (maybe more) of instant sugar free jell-o chocolate pudding with 2percent milk and a couple tablespoons of whipping cream. Yum. I still didn't use up all my exercise calories either.
    Was the pudding already made and then did you add the milk and whipping cream? It sounds like it made it kind of mousse like????
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I love the Caramel chocolate chip rice cakes by Quaker. And their Delights stuff too... mmmm that chocolate drizzle one really satisfies my chocolate attacks.

And they have low fat puddings out there taht you can make yourself with skim milk and then just put some in a container for your indulgence later.

Try putting the low-fat whipped cream in the freezer and it comes out like you are eating a cross between mousse and ice cream. SO good!!!
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Jello pudding cups for me, too! I also like Oreos. I can actually have two and walk away from them. Foods aren't as bad for you when you stick to the recommended serving size. Who knew? Heh.
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Breyer's Double Churned No Sugar Added Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream - 90 calories

Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate - 25 calories