Girl from Brighton looking for friends and support

Options
Hello. I have about a stone to loose. I have been on MFP for a couple of weeks now, but already feel demotivated as no matter how hard I push myself the belly fat never seems to shift. I would love some motivation from others who are achieving results. Look forward to hearing from you.

Replies

• closeyone
    closeyone Posts: 31
    Options
    Anyone out there from Brighton and Hove?
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello, not anywhere near that area but would be glad to help in anyway I can. Support is always a good thing. I too had a problem with the belly region and I know the frustrations of it not looking like it is going away. Keep in mind that does take time.

Charlie
  • closeyone
    closeyone Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks Charlie. I know I'm being impatient - it is one of my not so good traits!
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm from Brighton! How you doing?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm in Surrey but happy to offer support and encouragement - if an old fart like me can do it you certainly can!
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Me me me!! I was living in Hove for about 7 years but just moved to Portslade! Will that do? I go to the Coral gym in Hove if you want a real life gym buddy. I tend to do lots of classes and I find knowing I am meeting someone there makes me go! Sadly I have noone to go with at the moment so just me on my own! :sad: Feel free to add me. x
  • luciousone
    luciousone Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, there are a few of us in Brighton doing this.
    Belly fat is tough to shift, but keep going and you will get there.
    So far have lost 62lb, but lots more to go.
    Try lots of different foods, even try missing out some foods, like bread and pastry.
    I find anything complicated or complex takes longer to digest so I stick to nice simple foods, like soups, stews, fruit, veg, steamed fish and chicken. Cut out salt but use other flavourings. I add lots of tumeric & cumin into soups along with herbs. Aromat is a good substitute and white pepper goes with anything savoury.
    It's easy enough to make up your own recipes, and they don't all have to be expensive. And you can freeze stuff if you make a batch and can't finish it all.
    Keep up the good work so far, with a bit of motivation and exercise you can get there