breakfast ideas

Options
I need some new breakfast ideas..I'm getting tried of the same few things I eat..protein shake, protein pancakes, Greek yogurt with fruit & honey.

Replies

• healthymission92
    Options
    Omellettes or scrambled egg
    cottage cheese with berries
    smoothies (made with fruit, nuts and protein powder?)
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal...so many flavor combos you can try.
  • lauryn86
    lauryn86 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i have been having mojo bars and cherries latley ...yum...also something i love is coachs oats, cooked with maybe 1 pack of splenda or whatever u like, then add a tsp of peanut butter and half a serving of banana chips, and some brown sugar or splenda brown sugar, its yummy!
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I make turkey bacon, egg & cheese on english muffin's & freeze them. In the mornings i'll grab one out of the freezer and microwave it for about 3 minutes and it's ready to eat. I make them in batches of 15 or 20 at a time to freeze.. I've never had a problem with the egg turning out funny. I use 1 egg mixed with 1/2 cup egg whites then i put them in muffin tins (perfect size for sandwiches) to bake. One sandwich is 245 calories.

My other go to breakfast is chobani greek yogurt and scrambled eggs if i have time to make them in the morning before I leave for work.
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    3 Hard boiled eggs and oatmeal with a fruit on the side:)
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I 2nd the overnight oats...yummy goodness and so simple!!
  • klalaw
    klalaw Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love egg sandwiches on sandwich thins with turkey bacon and cheese. Never tried making them in advance and freezing them, but that sounds like a great idea! I just do one egg in a ramekin in the microwave for 4 10-second bursts (if I try to do the whole 40 seconds, the egg wants to explode).
  • jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    ezekiel toast w/ cashew butter, banana, and cinnamon
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I make turkey bacon, egg & cheese on english muffin's & freeze them. In the mornings i'll grab one out of the freezer and microwave it for about 3 minutes and it's ready to eat. I make them in batches of 15 or 20 at a time to freeze.. I've never had a problem with the egg turning out funny. I use 1 egg mixed with 1/2 cup egg whites then i put them in muffin tins (perfect size for sandwiches) to bake. One sandwich is 245 calories.

My other go to breakfast is chobani greek yogurt and scrambled eggs if i have time to make them in the morning before I leave for work.

This just made my stomach rumble!
  • emilybrittain
    Options
    20g cereal (all-bran or shredded wheat) and 10g hazelnuts plus a piece of fruit - nectarine, peach or apple is good! Keeps me fairly full until lunch and the hazelnuts contain good fats. Oatmeal/porridge is also good and filling but perhaps not so good in summer!
  • halarson24
    halarson24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am excited to try overnight oats too! Here is a recipe for baked oatmeal. If you bake it over the weekend when you (hopefully!) have more time, you can have it for breakfast for the whole week! Good to try with all of the fresh berries available at the local farmers markets.

http://hollylarsonrd.blogspot.com/2012/05/baked-oatmeal-love-child.html

Have a healthy day,

Holly
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    sausage and veggies
    eggs and steak
    almond meal pancakes
  • lessfatmatt
    lessfatmatt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My regular brekkie is half a cup of raw oats, half a cup of milk, and 2 or 3 chopped dates. It's quick, tasty, and gives me plenty of energy (though it's no good for those of you avoiding carbs I guess!)
  • vptucran
    vptucran Posts: 1
    Options
    it matters what diet you are on. I am doing Atkins so my goal is less carbs. I have 1-2 scrambled eggs with cheese also turkey sausage or turkey bacon. other days I have a Atkins breakfast bar the more fiber the better to keep me full till lunch. and always coffee with half/half and stevia. it very important to start you day with something to break the fast of the night.
  • luvmyleo
    luvmyleo Posts: 94 Member
    Options

Might try this for busy work weeks. How long do you bake your eggs?