100 days, 60 lbs.

Options
HisShadow
HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
I hit 100 consecutive days logging into MFP, and that makes every single day since I began this journey. I hit -60lbs this morning.

I'm feeling pretty good about things. Still got a lot of work to do, but I feel like my progress has been stellar. Who knows, maybe 40 more lbs and I can get off my HBP meds.

Replies

• twoisplenty
    twoisplenty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That is truly impressive! Way to go :)
  • denmark979
    denmark979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It proves that logging works. Congrats!!!!
  • i_brit
    i_brit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Way to go! that's awesome!
  • linbug25
    linbug25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm just joined yesterday and I'm going to make it a priority to log in everyday!!
  • msderr
    msderr Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration!
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Impressive!! approx 18-19lbs a month. How did you do it? whats your typical day like in terms of food intake and workout?
  • twyble4673
    twyble4673 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome! very impressive
  • Empress62
    Empress62 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great job! That shows awesome commitment.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is so amazing. You are doing such a good job!
  • kelzernia
    kelzernia Posts: 2
    Options
    that is so awesome and very encouraging at the same time! keep up the great work :)
  • HisShadow
    HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Impressive!! approx 18-19lbs a month. How did you do it? whats your typical day like in terms of food intake and workout?

Well, I didn't do any workouts until about three weeks ago, because I was just flat out too heavy. I began April 2nd, logging every bite and eating an average of about 1800 cals a day. Now I've added a mix of elliptical, swimming, and walking about 4 times a week for just a half hour. One thing that majorly helped is that I used to be a binge drinker. I'd drink to excess just about every weekend. I've completely cut that out. That was a lot of calories gone from my diet right there.

I changed what I'm eating too. I rarely eat red meat, switched to whole wheat breads, and try to eat a low glycemic index diet, however I don't deny my cravings. If I need a bacon cheeseburger, I eat one. I just log the cals, and eat right the next meal. Really I think the biggest change has been my attitude. I know that I have to do this to stave off diabetes and other nasty problems, and even when I've stumbled, it's been pretty easy to get back on the wagon.

Also, I will say that I have found a ton of great recipes for low fat, low cal chicken and seafood dishes on Pinterest, and in the light cooking magazines & food blogs. Some of them have become my new favorite foods. I also recommend the America's test kitchen Healthy family cookbook. Their asian chicken wraps are unbelievable.

ETA: Oh, one other thing that has helped is meal planning. Every Sunday my wife and I sit down and map out the weeks worth of meals, then go shopping for ingredients. I've been cooking from fresh ingredients every day, and not eating pre-packaged stuff. I never wonder about what's for dinner anymore, and I have some ingredients for lunches at my office in my mini-fridge.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on your success :noway:
  • KrystalSlim
    KrystalSlim Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is very impressive, seems you made every day count ;) That's a great accomplishment and very much inspiring too
  • Alaarie
    Alaarie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's amazing and inspiring. I've only been at this two weeks but I've also noticed that just logging in helps a lot!
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    GJ bro, im aiming for the same goal!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Thats totally awesome!! Congrats!
  • TMF1123
    TMF1123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    congratulations and i look forward to your continued success...
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...That is really fantastic...Logging in works!
  • kyrstin__1188
    kyrstin__1188 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic! Keep up the amazing work! :smile:
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Good work, consistency is key, do it long enough and it becomes easy and routine so you wont backslide!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!