Not too sure how I feel about Greek yogurt...

Options

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Oikos for me. I've heard Yoplait "greek" was nothing but regular yoplait with a few more g of protein added in. Not true greek.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I have it almost daily.... I use Liberte brand from Costco...

if you dont like the taste and dont mind artificial sweeteners...add crystal light to it....seriously, SO GOOD
  • wifeygrooms
    Options
    I tried the Chobani Greek yogurt...My first and last..Awful!!!!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    It's too tart for me. But, I like it in my protein shakes because it tones down how sweet that stuff is. And I think that savory applications might work better. Like using it instead of mayo or sour cream. And you can do really well using it as a dip for veggies (add seasonings you like). Costco has a jalapeno greek yogurt dip that is delicious.
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've only tried Chobani brand and I am in love with the pineapple flavor. The other Chobani flavors are great too but the pineapple is my fav by far!!! And It calms my cravings for sweets!

^^ THIS^^ LOVE the pineapple! The Apple Cinnamon is good too....I also like the Dannon Oikios Vanilla- I mix in Strawberries and Grape nuts for a yummy breakfast!!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    To me, Greek yougurt has the consistency of paste. I don't love it. I am eating some refirgerator oatmeal and using it in that but I add a bit more milk.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani. HATE Dannon Oikos. BLEH! My favorite is the Pineapple, then Strawberry. We use the plain as a substitute for sour cream on tacos/nachos, or to make veggie dip!
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Try Fage, it's much thicker, richer in my opinion than most. Chobani is a close second.

^ my thoughts exactly.
  • eluv61488
    eluv61488 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have been getting these Greek yogurt parfaits from sam's....they have fruit at the bottom and then have a top with granola to add...makes it taste SO much better and i love it now! also if you just get the kind with honey its much better too :)
  • seardefilip
    Options
    the greek gods pomegranate is uh-may-zing
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love it and use plain in cooking as well. However, just to eat, I usually eat a strawberry flavored. The plain I really have to dress up to eat it alone. :)
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I have a Chobani almost every day.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I've tried Greek Yogurt only once. I bough the plain flavor and mixed in blueberries. I noticed it dried my tongue as well and it was very sour. It wasnt bad, but i'm pretty sure i'd rather stay with plain rogurt unless someone can convince me otherwise haha!
    That too-- VERY sour. BLECK!

Thanks everyone! I will maybe try one or two more brands, and if it still is weird to me, I will just stick with regular ol' boring yogurt. ;)

If you are finding the plain too sour, pour a teaspoon of honey over the top. It makes a world of difference. I don't like the flavored yogurts much, so I typically throw a scoop of plain Chobani on top of some fruit with a smidgen of honey and I'm good to go.
  • jenniferkuzminski
    jenniferkuzminski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like the Fage with the little side car of fruit. Don't mix it all at once. Put a little fruit on spoon then the yogurt. Yum. Once you get used to it, you can used all fruit jam and just buy a huge bucket of plain Fage for 4.99. I have a friend that mixes granola or cereal with fresh fruit with it too. You can also use plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream in alot of things. Extra protein!
  • dyn3428
    dyn3428 Posts: 14
    Options
    Yes it has more carbs but the carbs come from dairy sugars which are okay. I like it but don't eat it regularly. One of those things I use to change things up when I get bored.. I do like it though, the texture is sooooo creamy. And it is much higher in protein than other yogurts.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I wanted to like it sooo bad but I just dont :/

Me, too. But I don't like regular yogurt, either. Not even in a smoothie. Blech. My advice is to try a couple of brands and try some of the fruit ones before you decide.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, Chobani is the best!
    If you want a sweeter yogurt, try the strawberry flavor, but if you want a little more tart, try the peach flavor.

The peach is my favorite!
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    I love it!!!! I mix a cup of 0% greek yogurt with a tablespoon of Peanut Butter, and a packet of stevia in the raw, and it's delicious. You can also use it plain as a substitute for sour cream. My husband didn't even notice a difference! Plus, I bake with it all the time.
  • mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options
    Greek Gods Honey flavor is DELIGHTFUL
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    After all the hype I tried Chobani Vanilla yesterday and I hate it! To me it tasted like sour cream with a little vanilla in it. It was far to bitter for me. I may try mixing it with fruit and a little almond milk as a protein shake but eating is straight out is out the question.