Not too sure how I feel about Greek yogurt...

Options

Replies

• phresh21
    phresh21 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Oh I HATED greek yogurt when I first tried it. Worst taste in the world... but everyone persisted that I try other kinds. I bought just about 1 flavor of each brand... I think my fridge was nothing but yogurt. I finally found one that I absolutly love. I'm glad everyone told me that I needed to try each brand it was so worth it. I don't eat normal yogurt now.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    To me the run of the mill yogurt's are too runny and have too much sugar in them. Although Greek yogurt can have a little bit of a sour taste to it, it actually gets better after you eat it a few times. I have tried quite a few brands and have found the Chobani is the best I have had so far.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I quite like Greek yogurt! I usually will buy a big tub of the Oikos vanilla and mix it with fruit and the like (the Chobani vanilla is good too). I also like the individual cups with fruit on the bottom for on the go. I do agree to try a variety of different brands, as there is quite a bit of flavor difference.

I also use plain yogurt in place of sour cream a lot too, and I love it.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    i LOVE it, and i buy the Fage or Chobani.I won't buy any of the knock-offs.
    It's much better with a little honey or fresh fruit, but I really like thick yogurt so I strain most of mine anyway. I also buy Nancy's yogurt (an Oregon brand. Tart and delish!)

i also use it in place of sour cream if I have a recipe. It's a great replacement because it's not as fatty or high calorie (unless you can find Lilly's. I LOVE Lilly's sour cream). Good luck!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I love it!!!! I mix a cup of 0% greek yogurt with a tablespoon of Peanut Butter, and a packet of stevia in the raw, and it's delicious. You can also use it plain as a substitute for sour cream. My husband didn't even notice a difference! Plus, I bake with it all the time.

Peanut butter? How interesting - Ill have to try that!

I cook with Greek yogurt all the time, too. And it's a fabulous substitute for sour cream. Fage plain, lime, cumin, salt, pepper and a tiny drop of honey makes a great topper for fish tacos!
  • Shamrock_me
    Shamrock_me Posts: 161
    Options
    I only like one flavor no matter how many I've tried

COCONUT - Yoplait 2x Protein Greek Yogurt

I've tried so many and half the time it makes me want to hurl. It's too bitter/sour but only the coconut is yummy to me. I've tried dumping splenda packets in the other flavors but still only like the coconut.. hmmm good luck with finding one you like.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it! I put it in my smoothies, eat it with fruit as my breakfast, cook with it.

Chobani plain 0% isn't that high in carbs...for 6oz its 100 calories, 7g of carbs, and around 14g of protein. I add fresh strawberries to it and a teaspoon of stevia and it cuts down the bitterness. I find that adding my own fresh fruit to the plain is working out better than buying the flavored.
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt. Fage is my favorite, but I usually end up getting Chobani because it's so much less expensive.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I never really liked yogurt but I wanted to start eating greek yogurt because it's something I can easily eat once I get to work. I tried a bunch of different kinds and i like Chobani blueberry the best. It's 14 grams of protein. Chobani other flavors are pretty good also. I also like it because it's the only yogurt i've found that says "only natural ingredients".

here are the nutrition facts:
    cal: 140g
    fat: 0g
    Carbs: 20g
    Protein: 14g
    Sugar: 20g

This is good to hear, I have one in my fridge that I bought last night that was kinda weirding me out.. I put granola in the strawberry one, and it tasted okay..
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    I tried a few different kinds and didn't really like them but I choked them down since I had them LOL.. now I buy the yoplait that has fruit on the bottom and comes with granola to put in it and those are pretty good in my opinion. would probably be cheaper and just as good to buy some granola, some plain yogurt, and some fruit and mix it all together but I'm lazy and need something ready to go in the morning :)
  • KStambulic
    KStambulic Posts: 131
    Options
    I find it too thick and has a strange texture compared to other yogurts. I can't stand the plain yogurt. I found one that I like though; Oikos Key Lime. I use it as a fruit dip and it's not too bad.
  • Kryssaxo
    Kryssaxo Posts: 54
    Options
    Oikos with raspberry and pomegranate on the bottom is just plain nom. I can't get enough of it.
  • tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like to use greek yogurt instead of sour cream. If i'm just wanting yogurt though, I'll mix 1/2 cup of yogurt with 1/2 cup of almond milk and add my own berries, sometimes honey if I'm feeling the need for something sweet.
  • MrsLeyva11
    MrsLeyva11 Posts: 90
    Options
    I can't stand Greek Yogurt plain. But buying the little flavored ones get way too expensive, because I eat it every single day. I use it as a replacement for desserts after dinner and stuff. What we do is get the big tubs of it, and we add Mio (the water enhancer) to flavor it to whatever we want. Sometimes I add extra fruits and stuff to it, but mainly just Mio.
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like the Chobani Champions. They are for kids so they are small servings and the perfect size if you are watching carbs. LOVE the berry

Thats a GREAT idea !
  • Tx_Julie_Mango
    Tx_Julie_Mango Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Fage or Chiobani are the best. Get the plain kind if you are worried about carbs. Yes it is a bit dry but just add your own fresh fruit and if you want a little sweet add a packet of stevia. Its so high in protein and filling, love it!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I treid my cousin's oskios one with vanilla and liked it but I hated voskos greek yogurt.
  • sherryjohnson2012
    sherryjohnson2012 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love it!! I buy Greek Gods" plain nonfat and add my own fresh berries and granola, its super yummy!!
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    The first time I tried it I hated it, too. It grew on me, but I still didn't love it (but was eating it because I considered it to be healthier). I started trying different brands (was eating Chobani at first because everyone raves about it) and found that I like all of the others that I have now tried better than Chobani. I prefer Oikos fruit on the bottom. It has a lot of protein and tastes pretty good. I just wish it came in more flavors! I have tried the plain and added Stevia packts and blueberries, but didn't like it much. I do like the plain when added with fresh pineapple, though. Probably because the juices add more flavor.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Activa summer berry greek yogurt - so good it's like having an actual pudding yummy

Fage is super thick and low cal but i need to add to lots of fruit