anne_monty
anne_monty Posts: 5 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I'm Anne and so excited to be a part of MFP. Its only my first day but I did really great with my food intake today. Thank goodness because yesterday I managed to eat around 1600 calories more than I should have. It's amazing how aware you become when you do keep a food diary. Which would be why I'm here. Today I'm excited, motivated and committed to getting off my extra pounds but I'm sure at some point my desire for cake batter (biggest vice) will get the best of me. It will be then that I may need a few encouraging words. I'll be glad to do the same.

Replies

• anne_monty
    anne_monty Posts: 5 Member
    Hi I'm Anne and so excited to be a part of MFP. Its only my first day but I did really great with my food intake today. Thank goodness because yesterday I managed to eat around 1600 calories more than I should have. It's amazing how aware you become when you do keep a food diary. Which would be why I'm here. Today I'm excited, motivated and committed to getting off my extra pounds but I'm sure at some point my desire for cake batter (biggest vice) will get the best of me. It will be then that I may need a few encouraging words. I'll be glad to do the same.
  • tamrajd
    tamrajd Posts: 86
    hello, i joined yesterday. i really like the site, but i've been struggling to eat enough calories which has slowed my weight lost to a halt. i haven't lost anything in a week or so. driving me crazy. making me depressed
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hi Anne and Welcome:flowerforyou: Sticking to eating healthier food s will eventually get you to a point that you won't be tempted by that cake batter. You have great support here so ask about anything or if you just need to to talk put your post on here , everyone understands what is to have weak moments.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Make sure you read all the posts for newbies, they are full of information that will help you understand your weight loss or lack thereof. Welcome:flowerforyou: this is a great site.
  • hockeyma
    hockeyma Posts: 1
    I'm new about a month and a bit ago but haven't had anything really to say. I'm down about almost 8 pounds with 20ish more to go. I must say, the advice about not weighing in too often is good. It's depressing. My net is 8 but there were ups and downs. My week two was bad. 8 pounds doesn't sound like much, but I've been packing my "baby fat" for about 13 years now. The slow loss is less drastic and easier to imagine as a lifestyle change. My clothes are already fitting less snug (almost time to treat for a bit of a shopping trip for summer!). Even without posting, reading the posts is tremendously helpful. Good luck and thanks everyone.
This discussion has been closed.