What are you going to do when the weight is gone?

Options
When I lose my weight and get into shape I plan on hiking up every hikable mountain in America. I also plan on putting on a pair of shorts and going in public. I have not wore shorts since I was in 7th grade. :frown: I would also like to take cruise. I was supposed to go on my honeymoon but hurricane Ike showed up. I'm glad I didn't I was about 26 pounds heavier then.

So what do you plan on doing when the weight is off?

Replies

• RockNRollWeekender
    Options
    I will.....

* buy & wear regular (not skirted) bikini bottoms with all my cute bikini tops.

* wear shorts in public and possibly some skirts (that has been YEARS!!!).

* start running.

* have to tailor A LOT of my current clothes :laugh: (and I'm OK with that)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to riding the rides at the exhibition next fall- something I haven't done since I was a teenager.
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Share clothes with my friends!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    * Get a tattoo

* New Wardrobe!

* Go on a beach vacation.. I keep avoiding it because I refuse to swear a bathing suit
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I will:
    - play tennis with my fiance (and someday, our kids) and finally beat him at it!
    - buy my very first bikini - not a tankini, a real bikini.
    - get a new tattoo
    - possibly pierce my belly button
    - wear shorts and tank tops whenever I feel like it =D
    - hike to the top of Mt. Monadnock without stopping
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Buy casual clothes & suits for my pernanent weight of 200 pounds at 6 feet. I will reach my goal in the next few months.:happy:
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    -A trip to Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa: My main reward, which I've been pining for for some time now.
    -A trip outside the country before college starts- I'm thinking of somewhere in America or Hong Kong.

And while I'm at all these awesome places, splurge on a bunch of cute clothes and cultural food (<- in moderation!) xD
  • aprilleverett
    aprilleverett Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will...

- Ride a roller coaster!
    - Buy TONS of new clothes
    - Take up jogging
    - Have babies!!
  • niky1215
    Options
    I will

*wear a bikini to the beach, (actually go to the beach)
    *find a mini skirt and wear it in public
    *wear my purple cords
    *actually enjoy being in pictures!
    *get a new tattoo!
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I will:
    - play tennis with my fiance (and someday, our kids) and finally beat him at it!
    - buy my very first bikini - not a tankini, a real bikini.
    - get a new tattoo
    - possibly pierce my belly button
    - wear shorts and tank tops whenever I feel like it =D
    - hike to the top of Mt. Monadnock without stopping

I look forward to being able to play tennis as well...I'm not even sure if I'll enjoy it or not, but it's on my list of things to do- that and racquetball.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I will...

- Ride a roller coaster!
    - Buy TONS of new clothes
    - Take up jogging
    - Have babies!!

I hope I get a chance to ride a roller coast some day!
  • Naokoheart
    Options
    I'd
    *Buy and wear my first mini skirt
    *Buy and wear my first bikini
    *Get back into swimming laps
    *Have a party with some friends!
  • running_girl_84
    Options
    I'm surprised that people are writing that they will start running once the weight comes off. What is stopping you now? i started running at 230lbs and that is how I lost the majority of my weight. It was hard running at that weight but it was worth it.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I will
    *FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF
    *Wear HEELS more often
    *Get a Mommy Tuck (oh, my tummy is just awful and droopy)
    *Be proud of my accomplishment
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that people are writing that they will start running once the weight comes off. What is stopping you now? i started running at 230lbs and that is how I lost the majority of my weight. It was hard running at that weight but it was worth it.

Plantar Fasciitis, knee problems, shin splints... I find the impact on my legs running at this weight (and I'm not THAT heavy), just makes it so unenjoyable.
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    I will:
    * get my belly button pierced.
    * possibly get another tattoo.
    * wear my bikini I bought last year, that USED to fit me, but doens't anymore... but will in the next month and a half! :bigsmile:
    * go hiking up the continental divide -- did that about 4 years ago when I was more in shape and weighed less.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

I agree, if you don't have any other health issues, GO FOR IT folks!

I've recently started running and I *love* it (I was at about 245 when I started). I pushed too hard & my knees started killing me, but I've taken a week off and I'm dying to run now. My knees have felt good for three days in a row now, so I get to run tonight!

So, my advice if you're heavy & want to start running is to take it slow (2-3 times/week) and listen to your body. It's hard, but it's so awesome to feel yourself improve with each run -- very very motivational. And, I can burn way over 500 calories in 30 minutes doing it, so it's hard to beat that calorie burn, too. :smile:

When I lose the weight, I, like so many of you, will buy an awesome swimsuit (I don't know about a bikini...) and go to the beach. And I'll say goodbye to my savings account because I'm probably going to go clothes shopping crazy.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I WILL:

-wear shorts and get to the point where it doesn't feel abnormal.
    - be outside all the time in the summer and try to get a tan
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Vacation
    New Clothes
    Shave my legs (they're something serious):laugh:
    Finish my leg sleeve tat
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I'd like to go backpacking across Europe.
    Go swimming with dolphins! If they saw me now they would probably think a great white was coming after them!:smile: