Venting

Options
I don't know if it's my hormones talking or what, but I'm so irritated and disgusted that I don't know whether to scream, cry, or :sick:

It is now 10:30 and my kids are still running wild. My husband's way of helping is to lay his *kitten* on the couch, turn the TV up to drown out the noise, and say, "Can't you do something with these kids?" I told him, "Can't YOU??????!?!?!?" The kitchen is a mess...of course I had to cook, and guess who gets stuck cleaning up?? You guessed it. He came home, and started b*tching before he got both feet in the door. Didn't like what was made for dinner....house wasn't up to snuff....just nitpicking about little stupid sh**.
I'm trying to bite my tongue and not get in any big fights with him..but it's damn hard.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's my hormones talking or what, but I'm so irritated and disgusted that I don't know whether to scream, cry, or :sick:

It is now 10:30 and my kids are still running wild. My husband's way of helping is to lay his *kitten* on the couch, turn the TV up to drown out the noise, and say, "Can't you do something with these kids?" I told him, "Can't YOU??????!?!?!?" The kitchen is a mess...of course I had to cook, and guess who gets stuck cleaning up?? You guessed it. He came home, and started b*tching before he got both feet in the door. Didn't like what was made for dinner....house wasn't up to snuff....just nitpicking about little stupid sh**.
    I'm trying to bite my tongue and not get in any big fights with him..but it's damn hard.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Gto he is darn lucky you have kicked his hind end to tin buck to. You really need some time for yourself, which I know it's hard with children an a husband being a jerk. Do you have any close family of your own or sister in law that can come in and help you once in awhile? Or even a good friend. I know your going through a hard time of it, but don't give up on your self. One thing that when you cook splurge on some paper plates once in awhile to save dishwashing . :happy:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    When my kids were around your kids ages and they were running wild late at night I would put them in the car in their jammies with their blankies and we went on a jammie ride. I'd get on the highway and drive until they were almost asleep and then I'd turn around, they'd be asleep when I got home and I'd sccop them out of the car and put them in their beds. It would also help w/getting away from the tension with your hubby, gives you a breather if you will. If you want, before you go just fill up the sink w/soap and hot water and let the dishes soak, when you get home or in the morning you can finish them or put them in the dishwasher:flowerforyou:
    next time if hubby doesn't like dinner, you can set out the fixings for pb& j's and let him make his own g-d sandwich:wink:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options

next time if hubby doesn't like dinner, you can set out the fixings for pb& j's and let him make his own g-d sandwich:wink:

I thought about that but to make a sandwich would require EFFORT on his part...can't have him lifting a finger, now can we???:laugh:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options

I thought about that but to make a sandwich would require EFFORT on his part...can't have him lifting a finger, now can we???:laugh:
    Well, maybe just stick a spoon in the peanut butter and hand it to him:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If you are really feeling hostile, follow the lead from the scene in the Prince of Tides and take a can of Alpo, an onion, some seasonings and little potato and give him that. I am still of the opinion if you don't like what is served I will either serve you something waaaaaaaay worse or get you own food. Hang in there. My other solution is a frying pan on the back of the head and claim PMS and what I call HIAAS (husband is an a** syndrome). It has worked before!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    If you are really feeling hostile, follow the lead from the scene in the Prince of Tides and take a can of Alpo, an onion, some seasonings and little potato and give him that. I am still of the opinion if you don't like what is served I will either serve you something waaaaaaaay worse or get you own food. Hang in there. My other solution is a frying pan on the back of the head and claim PMS and what I call HIAAS (husband is an a** syndrome). It has worked before!!

He's such a "pita"....pain in the a*s
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yeah, isn't it fun when they are in that mood and then they look at you and go "what's your problem"!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    im not sure i got this i thought you to were sepearted am i wrong?
    i missed something or miss understood.. sorry :flowerforyou:
  • jenken99
    Options
  • jenken99
    Options
  • my2girls0507
    Options
    Yeah I know how you feel! My husband walks in the door and lays on the couch too. He thinks because he works and I stay home with the kids that he should do nothing but that. When he is supposed to sit with the kids so I can make dinner or do dishes he falls asleep. I can't even leave them with him because he will go to sleep and it's not safe (they are 1 and 2). If he cooks I have to clean up after him. If I cook I still have to clean. He won't even rinse out a cereal bowl and put tit in the dishwasher!!! He takes his disgusting socks off and throws them on the floor in the living room and leaves them there. I stopped doing his laundry because he wanted his done differently than mine and the kids. I told him do it yourself! I stopped caring about what he wants for dinner because it seems like every other week he doesn't want to eat what I make because he's on a diet. I think you should put your foot down and let him know that you don't care. I agree with the sandwich thing. If he wants a hot meal he'll eat what you make.
  • kriegerfamily
    Options
    my husband and I are both cooks. I just had a baby so i have been at home. But when we are both working it is the same. And then if he does do something he acts like I should throw him a parade. I am thinking I do this every day you do it once a month. I need the parade.:noway:
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I say give those guys a dose of feminist perspective! Consider for a moment how important a job it is to raise children. For some reason women have never been compensated for this work, even though it has been critically important to the survival of our species. Why is it then that in our society we believe having a job where you get paid is more important or worthwhile work than raising children? (rhetorical question) Raising children well takes certain kinds of skills and degrees of patience that not everyone has. All you mothers out there, stay-at-home and otherwise, deserve more credit! (And single/stay-at-home dads, too!) :drinker: Btw, happy mother's day! :flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options

I'm staying until my daughter finishes school so she doesn't have to switch schools at the end of the year.
    Unless I can get him to agree to counseling or he does a 180° as far as personality goes (fat chance on that), when I leave it will be for good.:ohwell: