Looking for crock pot recipes

Options
Hi all! Looking for some low cal recipes! Lately I've been experiment with freezer cooking for the crockpot. I've found several posts about it on the internet. The idea is just to split a large crockpot recipe evenly between two gallon freezer bags. When you need an easy meal, get it thawed enough to get it out of the bag and into the crockpot. 4 hours on high or 8 on low, and you have dinner! Great for a stay at home mom with a 14 month old like me. I did 5 meals in 3 hours this way the other night, but I'm looking for some really calorie conscious recipes to get more ideas to go from.

Replies

• amyadell
    amyadell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have this one in the pot right now... It smells soooooo good!!! I added all the ingredients in the "recipe" calorie counter and it supposedly serves five... That makes it only 211 calories per serving... I can't wait to eat it!!!
    http://www.familycrockpotrecipes.com/ChickenPotatoCurry.html
  • lillianelise
    lillianelise Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You need to go to Pinterest and search for crock pot recipes!!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    country style pork ribs.
    bbq sauce of choice. i do a homemade one with mustard, vinegar, onion and a lil bit of sugar free ketchup.

yum.
  • lme0627
    lme0627 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have 4 crocks- love my slow cooker!

Crock Pot Stuffed Green Peppers
    1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey (uncooked)
    5-6 bell peppers (or enough to fit your oval size crock pot)
    1 cup cooked brown rice
    1 can flavored diced tomatoes, drained (if you don’t have flavored just add more Italian seasoning)
    1 small onion diced
    1 28 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    2 TBS ketchup
    1 tsp black pepper
    ¼ tsp garlic powder
    1 -2 tsp Italian seasoning
    Salt to taste (does need salt- I add 1-2 TBS)
    In bowl mix the ground meat with all ingredients, except peppers and pasta sauce. Wash and clean out the peppers- save the tops.
    Stuff each pepper with a good amount of the meat and rice mixture
    Nestle the peppers in crock pot and put the tops back on the peppers
    Pour pasta sauce around the bases of the peppers
    Cook on low 6-8 hrs.
    *note- I also add other seasonings if I have on hand- Emeril’s etc… I have found that you do need to add a bit of salt to the mixture also. You DO NOT need to precook your meat, and no it will not be greasy (I use turkey.)
  • erinmshafer
    Options
    Curry sounds great! I'll try that next time I see a sale on chicken.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Bump!