what are exercises called?

Options
I am trying to do more strength training exercises and not sure how to log them because I have no idea what they are called. I have either looked them up online or seen others doing them so don't know the name. Is there and good strength training exercises and names i could do daily that are good also? Are push ups good? and I can barely even do a plank how can I get myself stronger to do push ups?

Replies

• kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Pushups are great- and you can work yourself up to them.

You can do "girl" push ups, and add weight slowly:
    On hands and knees, and you push up like normal.
    To up the difficulty after a few days, slide you knees back towards your feet more, so more weight is on your arms. I've also found that crossing my ankles and pulling them up in the air makes adds weight slowly too.

Also- an alternative that my friend (trainer) told me, when my knee was hurting me, or if the girl push-ups are too difficult at first:

wall push-ups. Yep! Set your feet 1-2ft back from a flat wall, put your (clean :smile: ) hands on the wall, in normal push up posture. Keeping your knees straight, bend your arms so you are moving towards the wall, and then straighten out again. If it feels too easy, move your feet farther back.
  • mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options
    Try this!

http://hundredpushups.com/

That oughta get you started at least! It's just about being patient and pushing yourself :-)
  • mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options
    Also, this!

http://womensfitnesswithcharlene.blogspot.com/2012/05/may-plank-challenge.html
    (Obviously, it is not May anymore, so just start it when it is right for you!)
  • CarlyDawn7
    CarlyDawn7 Posts: 23
    Options
    I mainly do sit-ups, lunges, squats, paleo chair. but then again everyone is different and I'm trying to get rid of thigh/leg and stomach fat.
  • MissCeciFrench
    Options
    build yourself up. I was in the same boat. do 5 everyday for a week one you are comfortable with that at 5 more and so on and so on. start slow and end strong! you got this girlfriend!!
  • Norsamerican
    Options
    Some women are afriad that if they lift weights they will get all big and bulky like they see femals on TV. NOT POSSIBLE well it is POSSIBLE but it would involve you taking sterioids. Dont be afraid to get dirty and into the free weight section. If you are just starting out focuse on compound excersizes to help your body acclimate to the weights..also start with light weights and focus on your form. You want your form to be perfect before you start lifting heavier.
    Here are a few good compound excersizes.
    Deadlift
    Squat
    Romainian Deadlift
    Hack Squats
    pull ups
    pushups
    lunges
    and of course you have core / ab workouts
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am trying to do more strength training exercises and not sure how to log them because I have no idea what they are called. I have either looked them up online or seen others doing them so don't know the name. Is there and good strength training exercises and names i could do daily that are good also? Are push ups good? and I can barely even do a plank how can I get myself stronger to do push ups?

I started out doing pushups on the wall, I can do 5 knee pushups. Tootle push up progressions, pull up progressions, plank progressions, and squats. If you do these you'll be working out almost your whole body. Do the modification and periodically try the next level. Just keep going until you can do more.