Office Snacks

Options
Good Morning Everyone :)

Unfortunately I am stuck behind a desk for 9 hrs. a day which leads me to crave snacks. I've been eating breakfast at 6 in the morning before I leave for work, my lunch break is at 11 and then dinner when I get home at 5 or 6 but I am finding that by the time I get to those meals i'm so hungry that I end up over-eating. So I have GOT to go out tonight to the grocery store and buy some snacks that I can keep in my desk drawers. What kinds of things do y'all keep at your desks to snack on throughout the day?

Thanks & Happy Monday :flowerforyou:

Replies

• vctkell
    Options
    I keep almonds, apples and bananas. With the almonds I only eat about 12 in the morning around 9:30 -10. An apple after
    lunch and the banana before I leave. Sometimes switch the apple and banana times. I, also, keep raisins and dried
    cranberries. Use a 3 oz cup to keep the quantities and calories low.
  • sarahrae612
    sarahrae612 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here's a few things I like for snacks at the office:
    Yoplait 100 calorie Parfaits (lemon torte is the best!)
    Almonds
    Apples
    90 calorie Chocolate Chunk Granola Bars (usually a Generic brand from the Store, Walmart has them in their Great Value Brand I'm pretty sure)
    100 calorie Snack Packs (I like the Nabisco Honey Maid Cinnamon Swirls, Keebler Soft , Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies and Lorna Doone Shortbread cookies)
    1/2 cup Greek Yogurt with a tbsp of Honey or Lemon curd with a little big of granola on top
  • apeninhand4life
    apeninhand4life Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i tend to have in my dest lots of thinkd to choose from: Delmonte dried apples, ocean spray craisins, trail mix, box of nurigrain bars, an orange or two a case of water (be suprided how chugging a bottle mixed with crystal light powder,can calm a craving) if you have a cooler with ice or a little mini fridge at work, carrot sticks are nice, thats about what the inside of my desk looks like. i restock it every monday and dedicate one whole drawr jsut for my snacks, pick and choose as i get hungry and then i always plan my day to allow for about 200-300 calories just from the snacks so as to not put me ove my intake for the day. hope this helps
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    you could also boil an egg each morning and snack on that later when you feel hungry.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Apple and peanut butter is my mid morning snack. I also like some almonds and a piece of fruit as a snack. You are best to have some protein in your snack as it stays with you longer
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    I keep in my drawer a ziploc bag with a serving of cheerios. A 100 calorie bag of popcorn. A slimfast drink or protein powder in a ziploc bag. I call those my emergency snacks that dont go bad and can sit in my desk. Otherwise, each day I do bring an apple,an orange,cottage cheese and yogurt.
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    100 cal mini popcorn bags
    Fiber One bars
    bananas
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My favorite low-cal snacks that get me through the day without feeling deprived!

~fresh apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon & no calorie sweetener

~tangerines

~FAGE greek yogurt with frozen strawberries & fat free whipped topping (100 cal)

~low-sugar quaker oatmeal packs (120 cal)

~GV Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (90 cal)

~sugar-free Jello pudding snacks (60 cal)

~smartpop mini popcorn bags (100 cal)

~100 calorie packs (chips ahoy, oreos, etc.)
  • wattsam1
    Options
    I highly recommend Kashi Go Lean Crunchy Bars (my fav is chocolate peanut). I have one everyday at 3:00 pm to keep the munchies away. It keeps me going through my workout right after work and when I get home I don't want to eat everything in sight! They are 180 calories so you would have to fit that into your daily calorie intake but, to me, it's well worth it!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My new favorite work snack is clementines. They are SO good and only 35 calories a piece. I pack one of those with a handful of berries and it's the perfect snack.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast every morning at about 7:30 and lunch by about 12:30. Halfway between, (usually between 10 and 10:30) I'll have my first snack, which is usually an apple or other fruit with some single-serving yogurt (I eat the 35 calorie danone silhouette yogurts). I eat my lunch at the usual time (often I get one of those microwavable lean cuisine frozen meals, because they're delicious and portion controlled.... though I have to be careful because they're also higher in sodium than I'd like. Or, I will have a stone-roasted ham or turkey breast sandwich on whole wheat bread with lettuce and mustard- no cheese), then have another snack about 2:30 or 3- usually some carrots/broccoli/celery, no dip. By the time I get home at 5, I'm usually starving so I'll nuke my dinner (I pre-make 2 or 3 meals in advance) and eat while preparing food for my family. If I'm still hungry before bed, I'll have some more fruit (or veggies, depending on how much sugar I've had that day) for a snack. I try to only drink 1 glass of real fruit juice a day (usually half juice-half water, usually with dinner) and water the rest of the day.

Other snacks I enjoy are

-air-popped popcorn
    -mozerella sticks made from skim milk
    -nuts
    -cottage cheese (single-size)
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options
    boiled eggs - minus the yolk
    fruit is always good
    beef jerky
    what about tuna
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I love hard boiled eggs, and they last pretty well, so I do up a dozen on the weekend, so they are ready to go all week long.
    Almonds are definitely one of my favorite things, I LOVE the cocoa roasted almonds from emerald. baby carrots are a great snack, especially with some hummus for dipping MMMMMMMM
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options
    hard boiled eggs are good to go

just add pepper