Scale Won't Budge.

Options
Seriously, I've been eating right since I've been on this diet. I've had a couple crappy days, but I've been really good and made huge improvements in my diet. I've lost 2 pounds...and I'm stuck. I'm still exercising, too. I feel like I'm doing everything right, but I'm not losing any more weight. Has anyone else had this problem? Got any tips for making the weight loss start happening again? I'll try anything.

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    If you make your diary public, people might be able to help you better.
  • RES2333
    RES2333 Posts: 36
    Options
    What are you doing for exercise and how long have you been doing it? Changing up your exercise routine could help, especially if you have been doing similar workouts for awhile.

Ever try interval training for cardio? That can really help kick up the metabolism. Run for quick bursts like a minute if you can, then reduce to very slow jog or walk if needed, then keep alternating for twenty minutes. Speed intervals can help and it is a go thing to do everynow and then to shock your body too instead of doing same workout.

How long have you been stuck on the same weight? As for diet are you eating five or six small meals a day? That really helps by keeping your metabolism active.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My exp over the last year has always been drop some weight (5-10lbs) stay at current weight for 2-4 weeks then back to dropping (5-10lbs). I have currently lost no weight in the last month but ive lost inches, I just started exercising again to "switch it up." Im hoping this confuses my body enough to start droping weight again :)
  • SamanthaJodi
    Options
    I've never tried cardio intervals. If I go for a run, I usually try to make it without slowing down. I'll have to try that next time, though. I'll give the smaller meals a try, too. Maybe it'll confuse my body into thinking I'm eating more than I am. Oh, and I've been stuck at the same weight for about a week. :)
  • Kalraii
    Kalraii Posts: 89
    Options
    Can I say that I have had a similar problem - I was staring at the scales and being like wtf I have worked my *kitten* off. Yesterday I suddenly realized that I had been looking at it wrong. I had been doing resistance training and such and I was losing body fat and gaining muscle. I thankfully measured my neck, chest, waist, hips, upper arms and upper thighs a few months back. When I did it again I had lost two inches - but only a pound in weight! Go find you body fat % and keep track of that at the same time with your weight. Combined you'll see better results and it made me feel so much better about myself. GL :)
  • melissa10666
    Options
    Make sure you're eating plenty of fruit and fresh food and drink lots of water