Lifetime Fitness 90-Day Challenge

Options
Anyone doing this? I'm a member of Lifetime Fitness and they do this a couple times a year. But I don't know if it's worth it or not. It's $25 and looks like all you get is a weigh-in at the beginning and end...and a few events that I might not be able to make it to. Unless you win, but I don't have heaps of weight to lose, just 15-20 lbs....that is NOT coming off easily.

But, I really need some motivation and maybe throwing away 25 dolla is the answer? LOL sounds silly, but maybe it will trigger something in me to work harder? I'm not good at goals by myself...so having someone holding me accountable may be the answer...

Has this challenge helped any of you out there?

Replies

• AnastasiaVegGIrl
    Options
    I'm a big fan of investing money in stuff. I think that money is one of the hardest things to split with, being that we need it for survival and such. And, when you hand it over, it's a statement that says, "this is important to me." A mentor said to me once, "if you want to know where someone's priorities are, look at their calendar and their checkbook." So true. Support is so crucial - I say go for it girl!
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • yoscherer
    yoscherer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I signed up in the Centennial, CO Lifetime. So far I've not been very successful, (only down 2 lbs in 4 weeks?) but I just joined the EAT class on Saturday mornings. I also just joined here to help track what I am actually eating. I find I'm having trouble getting past 18 years of programming by depression-era parents. "Clean your plate! There are starving children in China!!" It doesn't seem that the challenge program itself provides much except the knowledge that there is a challenge and you are weighing in.
  • Sk8rG
    Sk8rG Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I signed up for this in the only Lifetime facility in Canada. I LOVE this gym. Not sure if the 90-day thing will help me at all, but I'm hoping it will focus me for a little bit. Can't hurt. The facility in Canada is a Diamond club and NOT CHEAP, so another $25 doesn't feel like very much. :D
  • jillweiland
    Options
    I found this post after googling the Lifetime 90-Day Challenge. My concern is : If I sign up I'm a little concerned I'm going to start getting phone calls from trainers about paying for testing, buying services, etc.? Does the $25 given them a good list of people who are more prone to buy their "expensive" add-ons to membership dues?

Did anyone do this-- any updated feedback?
  • jaznsusan
    jaznsusan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I signed up for it in the past, but mostly just to try a few of the Try it Tuesday things out (like I really wanted to try reformer Pilates). I am forever trying to get rid of 5 pounds, but I don't have a huge amount to lose, so there's no chance of me winning.

I like to do recreational 5K's, so to me the $25 was worth it. I don't think I'll sign up this time. I signed up for once a week Pilates, so that's another $25/week I am spending there nowadays.

But no, the trainers don't hound you if you join. In fact, I really have never been hounded by any trainers there ever, and I've belonged to Lifetime for almost 10 years and I've done many, many TEAM programs (TEAM Weight Loss and TEAM Fitness to lose my twin baby weight and regain muscle from 16 weeks of bedrest, and I was a Boot Camp addict for a while).