BVannillie
BVannillie Posts: 140
Ingredients:

75g of dark 70% chocolate
4 tbsp low fat yogurt
2 large egg whites
2 tsp caster sugar

To make:

Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, allow it to cool for 5-10 mins, then stir in the yogurt.
Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then whisk in the sugar and beat until stiff again. Fold the whites into the chocolate mix - loosen the mixture first with a spoonful of egg white, then carefully fold in the rest, keeping as much air as possible.

Divide into small glasses or ramekins and chill in the fridge until set.

Serves 4.

Per Serving:
27 cals
3 carbs
0.25 fat
2.5 protein

Can be served with anything you like, fruit, nuts, peanut butter, cake, etc. If you don't like dark chocolate or find it too rich you can swap it for milk or white or try a mixture of all. (Remember to update calories for different chocolate.)

This is based on generic ingredients, so dietary values may vary on which brands you use.

Replies

• BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious . . . . what is caster sugar?
  • fiwen30
    fiwen30 Posts: 10
    Options
    Sounds lush, how long does it take to set?
  • BVannillie
    Options
    Sounds delicious . . . . what is caster sugar?

Caster sugar is basically granulated sugar which has been grind/milled further, so it's finer. If you don’t have any caster sugar on hand, you can make your own by grinding granulated sugar for a couple of minutes in a food processor or with a pestle and mortar. It's best to use a fine sugar (but not powdered) as granulated will be too heavy for the mixture.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing! I'm going to have to try it this weekend
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Caster sugar is super fine sugar. it gets incorporated into the mixture faster that our "granulated sugar." Some people use powdered sugar instead.

I read that is more expensive than the regular sugar and not all markets carry ti.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Umm, I'm really not sure where you got your calculations, but that would come to way more than 27 cals, I would make it around 175, which is still fairly low though.
  • BVannillie
    Options
    Sounds lush, how long does it take to set?

I left it in the fridge for an hour just because I was busy doing other things, but it probably only needs about half an hour. Give it a poke to make sure. Also it depends on how cold your fridge is.
  • BVannillie
    Options
    Umm, I'm really not sure where you got your calculations, but that would come to way more than 27 cals, I would make it around 175, which is still fairly low though.

I calculated it using generic ingredients that I have lying around the house, depending on how you've calculated it it will be different.
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    :tongue: :tongue:

I think it is because she is dividing it into 4 servings. It sounds pretty good, but for me will probably be 1 serving
    :tongue: :drinker:
  • BVannillie
    Options
    :tongue: :tongue:

I think it is because she is dividing it into 4 servings. It sounds pretty good, but for me will probably be 1 serving
    :tongue: :drinker:

Yep, it's per serving.

This is an adapted recipe I've used for a while from one I got out of a magazine about 2/3 years ago, which used cream, full fat yogurt and strawberry syrup, and that only came to 40 cals per serving, so this low-cal, low-fat version is definitely not higher then that.
  • Dragonflybjm63
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe cant wait to taste this w/end
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Oooh, yum! Definitely trying this soon :)
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Mmm worth a try sounds lovley
  • Mollyanna79
    Options
    I've just put this into the recipe calculator and I make it 165 calories PER SERVING (divided by four)

Can branded foods really be that much higher than generic????

Still sound delicious but only a very special treat for me
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    Bump, this sounds delicious!!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I bet you could use greek yogurt in this, what do you think?
  • GlorytoGodalone400
    Options
    Bump!
  • thoshowski
    thoshowski Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • krazykando
    krazykando Posts: 38
    Options
    Yum!