30 Day Shred/Ripped in 30 Question

Options
Hi All!

I am trying to decide which one of these programs to do. I have heard more/better reviews about the 30 day shred, but I heard that Ripped in 30 is more difficult. I did the first level of Ripped in 30 last night and it was hard but doable. I was thinking I could do the 30 day shred in the mornings and Ripped in 30 at night for 30 days. Is this safe/practical?

Thanks for the help! Anyone who wants to start today with me I would love a buddy to keep me motivated! :happy:

Replies

• daniellexcara
    daniellexcara Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I got 30 day shred in the mail the other day so I think I might start it tonight if i have time :)
  • spanglevie
    spanglevie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day Shred and got really good results from it. I'm now doing Ripped in 30. Ripped is definitely harder. Section 1 and 2 are not too bad but I'm 2 days into section 3 and it is EVIL! So god know what section 4 will be like.

They are both good. I would start with Shred though first.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 3 of 30DS, but I think I'm going to finish this, then move on to Ripped in 30. Then, not to get ahead of myself lol, I may move on to Jillian Miachaels Body Revolution, or P90x
  • JessicaJ23
    JessicaJ23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I am a little skeptical of this program. When I logged it into my diary today it said I only burned 190 calories. I'm not sure how this will make a difference over 30 days but I will keep it up to see.

I am doing the 30DS in the mornings and RI30 at night to double the amount of calories I burn. Hopefully I see some changes before my vacation!
  • jencurtlong
    Options
    Hi - i started 30 day shred 15 days ago and love it. I am mixing in some Tae Bo and bicycling as well. Where do you log in the 30 day shred on MFP? I'm having a hard time finding it in the database. Are you logging each individual exercise or is there something already set up? Thanks for the help and keep going - you'll see results!!!
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I lost more inches than weight doing 30DS... but more weight doing RI30.
    I found that 30DS is exactly that - for shredding... so you look smaller, while RI30 is to get you ripped. If you have a fair amount of fat on you (really not meaning to be disrespectful - just my POV), then it'll seemingly push the fat out more while you're working on the muscles underneath.

Guess it's a matter of perspective and how much you put into it.
  • JessicaJ23
    JessicaJ23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @jencurtlong: Thanks for the support! I read that some other people on here choose "circuit training, general" and put in 20 minutes. Mine says I only burn 190 calories but I think I might burn a few more than that because by the end of the video I am dripping sweat! I hope by combining 30DS and RI30 I see some results at the end of it!

@sairahrose: Congrats on your success with these programs! Did you limit your food intake more than normal during the programs? When did you begin to see your results?
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    3.265 X your weight = how many calories burned on 30 day shred in one hour, dived this by 3 to get your calorie burn in 20 mins

Apparently Jillian has this equation on her website.
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Jillian's Ripped in 30 but I have done the Shred, No More Trouble Zones and 6 Week Six Pack. Just figured I'd share that MFP's database entry for "Circuit training, general" is pretty close to the calories burned I get while wearing my HRM while doing these videos.

And I haven't tried a Jillian video yet that I don't love. I'll say that. I did 30 Day Shred for a while before I got somewhat bored with it and moved on to the others.
  • Hope502012
    Hope502012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your comments on this. I haven't tried a Jillian DVD before, but am having 'The Collection' delivered tomorrow. Your points have been very helpful:smile:
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    No, not more than normal. I followed her meal plan guidelines, with a few changes, and didn't eat back my exercise cals. I sea results after 10 days of 30 DS. Not seen anything beyond the scale for RI30, so hopefully I'll be starting again on Shred soon. Good luck with it hon :)
  • kabbit42
    kabbit42 Posts: 85
    Options
    I think 30ds is a really good starter video before moving on to others. It isn't impossible but still kicks your butt and gives you a good foundation to work with as you move forward. I am going Body Revolution right now and I am definitely thankful I started off with the shred.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I started with 30DS, then after the month moved into Ripped. I would agree that Ripped is a bit more difficult, but it BURNS SO GOOD!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    @jencurtlong: Thanks for the support! I read that some other people on here choose "circuit training, general" and put in 20 minutes. Mine says I only burn 190 calories but I think I might burn a few more than that because by the end of the video I am dripping sweat! I hope by combining 30DS and RI30 I see some results at the end of it!

@sairahrose: Congrats on your success with these programs! Did you limit your food intake more than normal during the programs? When did you begin to see your results?

You will definately get great results by doing both, if you think about it it's only 40ish mins working out, the rest is warming up/cooling down....make sure you stretch more than she does on the program, she doesn' t do enough, it will help prevent muscle soreness.

Look forward to seeing your results!!
  • LizbithB
    LizbithB Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I just got the 30 day shred and the 90 day Revolution three days ago but two days into the 90 Day Rev. killed my legs. I Hurt so bad it made going up stairs an interesting task. L0L Guess I'll pull out the day shred and work my way up.
  • Janeyg49
    Janeyg49 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 15 days into the shred and love it. I do a 40 min run/jogging before it 5 mornings but was thinking about dropping the run and adding the ri30.....I mainly want ti tone now and just loose my last 2 kilo....what do people think???