i dont wanna ask but here goes....

Options
so i am still heavy... suprise i know... anyways i want to start jogging but i have i hang up i cant seem to shake :sad:

i have this roll below my belly button.... its getting smaller but still there and when i jog i bounces like my chest and i hate the way it feels and how its sounds :blushing:

please tell me there is a kind of shorts or something i can wear to keep it from keeping me from jogging...:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them, but you might want to checkout compression pants/shorts. I know a lot of runners/joggers wear them when they run to keep everything from jiggling. The blogger at Ms. B*tchcakes wears them when she runs and has for a long time. She highly recommends them (and she wears the capri style).
  • jeffryjirraf
    jeffryjirraf Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I hate running but I had to bite the bullet and get at it. I got round it by wearing rugby shorts, which are tighter and come up quite high. Also they are quite a stiff material so they don't "flop"

If that isn't the way, then wear something underneath for a wee while. Eventually you will either not need it or not care.
  • AmberMahfouz
    AmberMahfouz Posts: 316
    Options
    You could always get what I call a sweat belt. It is like a neoprene belt that you wrap around body parts to make you sweat more. And if they don't have one in your size you could always buy two. They just velcro together.

Good luck and congratulations on even trying to run! Be proud of yourself for trying!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Spanx has saved my life
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The other day my son walked into the room while I was working out and said, "Haha! I can hear your belly smacking!" :ohwell:

When at home, I let it fly! It's a great reminder of why I want to push so hard. When in public I either workout in my bathing suit or generic spanks. They breathe a little better than the name brand.
  • jeffryjirraf
    jeffryjirraf Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The other day my son walked into the room while I was working out and said, "Haha! I can hear your belly smacking!" :ohwell:

When at home, I let it fly! It's a great reminder of why I want to push so hard. When in public I either workout in my bathing suit or generic spanks. They breathe a little better than the name brand.

I would have gotten a right kicking if i had said that to my mum...
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    try running pants with a wide waistband.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    You could always get what I call a sweat belt. It is like a neoprene belt that you wrap around body parts to make you sweat more. And if they don't have one in your size you could always buy two. They just velcro together.

Good luck and congratulations on even trying to run! Be proud of yourself for trying!

This does help, but can ride up it your belly isn't completely smooth, I have had this happen :grumble:

I would get a compression shirt to wear under a T-shirt, that has always helped me the most.
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Compression gear would probably work... You may want to try to wear one of those "slimmer belts" to kind of keep everything stationary. Good luck to you!
  • tjs616
    tjs616 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts are absolutely the way to go. My favorite are Under Armour but I've used others successfully. Solved my problem with running, jumping jacks, etc. Good Luck!
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    ok going to show off my noobness where do i find these cloths of which yall speak???
  • bbbsmama
    bbbsmama Posts: 96
    Options
    Academy or ****s has compression gear.
  • bbbsmama
    bbbsmama Posts: 96
    Options
    Haha!!! It put stars on D I C K S!!!! I meant the sports store perverts!!!
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Most decent sporting goods stores will have these types of clothes (Sports Authority, ****s etc...) Also running stores may have them, but they may not carry as much variety in styles and sizes. Go to a real store and try things on first, you will want to be sure of the fit before running in them. Once you find what you like, go online, you can usually find better prices and selection than any physical store.

Some stores should just change there name.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy so I'm not sure what's available like this specifically for ladies, but I started wearing an Asics wrestling singlet a few weeks back and it has dramatically improved my work outs and drastically reduced my self-consciousness. I wear it under my regular workout clothes and it looks like this:

asics-feud-singlet---mens---black-full.jpg

It keeps everything in place, eliminates the slapping and flapping noises that used to make me cringe and embarrassed and I absolutely love it.

Edited to say, I ordered mine off Amazon :drinker:
  • definitelyval
    definitelyval Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I generally wear those pairs of undies in my drawer and are JUST a little more snug than the others, and then a pair of leggings, yoga pants, or shorts that are also well-fitted. Then, I pull a snug tank top down over all the rest to keep and belly and boobs from interrupting my running...:) Oh the joys of being jiggly, lol!:laugh:
  • vixkeri
    vixkeri Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What all these fine people have been saying is totally true!!

I wear compression style capri length pants. I feel a little too naked wearing just that, so I wear cloth shorts over top of it. I tried the target brand first, but it didn't hold up so well with continuous use. So I then bought some at a sporting good store, these seem to be doing okay!

Totally totally helped with feeling jiggly and sounding jiggly.

Good luck! Props on starting running, it's amazing once you get going! :D
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm thin and I jiggle when I run. That's just the way it is. Get used to it.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Also look for a tri top.

rei.com
    d i c k s . c o m
    or even target I bet has some stuff.
  • babygreen11
    Options
    so i am still heavy... suprise i know... anyways i want to start jogging but i have i hang up i cant seem to shake :sad:

i have this roll below my belly button.... its getting smaller but still there and when i jog i bounces like my chest and i hate the way it feels and how its sounds :blushing:

please tell me there is a kind of shorts or something i can wear to keep it from keeping me from jogging...:flowerforyou:

I actually wear spanx when I jog. I got mine at lane bryant.